NiceToMichu

Reaction score
Hey everybody, nice to Michu.

Just a quick question as seen in the title. How do you train 'wonderkids'?

Is it about giving them first team football as often as possible & just training them too be a advanced playmaker for example.

I'm in 2016 with West Ham & I have young players such as Ravel Morrison, Nathan Redmond, Will Hughes etc etc..
So I was just wondering how I can make them fully develop into the star these guys are destined to be.

Thanks in advance!

1. Use suited tutors when available

2. Set a training schedule suited for improving the player for the role intended for him.

3. Give him as much playing time in the first team as possible.

2. Set a training schedule suited for improving the player for the role intended for him.

Sweet, thanks dude!

in terms of number 2, I think training them to be more rounded players till they are 20-22 will give better results, for example if you want an advanced playmaker who plays in cm, train as a cm till they are of age, and then give them a speciality limited schedule such as advanced playmaker, this will give you a more rounded player who will do more for the team.

plus if you get a wonderkid with high PA for an example of 200, you train him purely as an advanced playmaker from day 1, and maxes out those stats he is going to have alot of PA left over and wasted which could be used in other area's

in terms of number 2, I think training them to be more rounded players till they are 20-22 will give better results, for example if you want an advanced playmaker who plays in cm, train as a cm till they are of age, and then give them a speciality limited schedule such as advanced playmaker, this will give you a more rounded player who will do more for the team.

plus if you get a wonderkid with high PA for an example of 200, you train him purely as an advanced playmaker from day 1, and maxes out those stats he is going to have alot of PA left over and wasted which could be used in other area's

Good advice, thank you! I'll certainly try it out!

Well, a training schedule includes both focus, focus intensity, position, and preferred move. So that's basically what I said, only difference is I simplified while you specified :)