How to unrest a player that you want to sign?

THFC123

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to make a player not sign a new contract with there club?

ive tried declaring interest but it only works 20% of the time

Declare interest and see how they respond, then make a small bid and when their club rejects it they'll hopefully become unhappy and at that point you just have to hope that the club doesn't offer them a huge contract to keep them.

ive tried declaring interest but it only works 20% of the time
It obviously depends on a few factors too, like who you are and at which club the player is.

To be honest I haven't found unresting a player makes it any easier to sign them this year. In previous FMs you could make them unhappy, the club would transfer list them and you could pick them up for a reduced price and that was very unrealistic.
I haven't been able to get a player transfer listed this year, even after the player missed training regularly, nor have i found that you can get them cheaper when they are unhappy so I have pretty much given up unresting players.

I have made all the good Arsenal players unhappy though, and they all played badly that season and nearly got Wenger sacked!

It obviously depends on a few factors too, like who you are and at which club the player is.

True but it gets to the point where I want declan john from the championship and I'm a top BPL team and cardiff want 40 million

True but it gets to the point where I want declan john from the championship and I'm a top BPL team and cardiff want 40 million
They don't want 40m. They don't want to sell. What does his scout report say? Have you made a bid? How much? Did you negotiate? Is he unhappy?

I can get him for 20m (just made a random bid) at the start of the game... and I'm sure I can reduce that even more.