How To Use Downloaded Tactics in FM 2010

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Follow these simple steps to use a downloaded tactic in your game of FM 10.

Step 1

On the tactic download page click Download

SS_2009-10-29_18-28-38.png

Step 2

When you download your tactic from FM-Base Save the file.

SS_2009-10-29_18-30-35.png

Step 3

Save the file to...

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\tactics

SS_2009-10-29_18-31-17.png

Step 4

Open FM 2010 and browse to the tactics screen.

SS_2009-10-29_18-32-07.png

Step 5

From there click on Tactic > Manage Tactics

SS_2009-10-29_18-32-35.png

Step 6

Click on Import...

SS_2009-10-29_18-32-53.png

... and choose the tactic from the list.

SS_2009-10-29_18-33-10.png

Step 7

Now click on Tactic again and now choose the tactic you just imported.

SS_2009-10-29_18-33-30.png

Finished

There you go. You should now be all set up ready to select your players for your new tactic.

SS_2009-10-29_18-33-46.png

When I do this it says "The file could not be imported". I've tried ones that come in winrar ones that come in winzip and single tactics that end in .TAC but to no avail.
Does anybody have any ideas?

Read the guide! You do not need to open the .tac files!

I have the exact same problem as vMRMOJORISINv, and I follow the above screenshots exactly. I'm attaching my own to show what happens. I'm certainly not trying to double-click on the .TAC file from outside the game. Any help most appreciated.

Is that a FM 2010 tactic or a FM 2009 tactic?

I wasn't trying to open .tac files. I was downloading tactics that come in various formats ie. compressed with winrar/winzip etc. When I go to the import screen the tactics are there but you can't import them exactly like Coien's screenshots.
Is there some sort of setting that needs checking/unchecking for these to work?

Sean, the tactics are for 2010 and most of them are from this site.

Yeah, the tactic I was trying said it was to get Newcastle promoted from the Championship, so it's definitely new.

na coien mate thats an fm 09 tactic, he got relegated and took them back up, honestly sean i dont have to do this, i save it, then i have a download list, then i open containing folder, and copy and paste it into my tactic folder, maybe its because i have a us laptop though

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE ???
i tried puting one tactic in ma game..but whn u go to IMPORT the actual tactic i cant find it ?? wtf ??

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

sorry guys...i just realised wot was the problem

Glad you have sorted it out now. What had you done wrong?

Ok chaps going mad here :(

ive just got my new 2010 from 2009 and having probs.

Ive looked into the preferences not sure what i am changing there ?

ive also followed the tuturial above and cant even see the manage tactics in my tactics screen ?

feeling rather thick now :(

some hefty help here me thinks :)

Cheers

Molie

leroy im having the same problem! how do you solve it? please help!!

any news chaps as ive been pulling my bald head apart trying to figure this out :(

hey guys! i have the same problem as leroy. would appricate if leroy or somebody else would tell me how to solve that problem.

Ok thanks chaps got it now.....

Was completely looking at the wrong thing.

Hi!

When i download the file and put it in my Fotball Maanger2010>DATA>TACTICS i cant import it when i start the game. Ive done everything that the tutorial showed but still i cant import it. =/

Why have you put it in Data>Tactics for?.. It's just goes in Football Manager 2010>Tactics. Nothing to do with Data.. I don't know how some people can't do this.