How To Use Downloaded Tactics in FM 2010

it doesnt work. I put it like you said and it doesnt work. When i press import its completly blank im starting to get really mad now :p Couse it needs to be easy but why the **** do i have problems

it doesnt work. I put it like you said and it doesnt work. When i press import its completly blank im starting to get really mad now :p Couse it needs to be easy but why the **** do i have problems
Well I don't know how else to help you. It's the simplest thing to do. No offence but anyone could do it.

thats what i mean, "its the simplest thing to do". i create a map when i open sports interactive. And in that map i put the tactic i want. right?

A map? Wtf? You've lost me now.

if people dont understand this then shame on u, thanks sean should help beginners

so i should just save the tactic directly when i come in to the the sports interactive map?

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

tried everything, nothing works xD

so i should just save the tactic directly when i come in to the the sports interactive map?

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

tried everything, nothing works xD

Read Step 3. It tells you where to save the .tac file to. You are saving it to the wrong place.

i cant save the tac file. it saves automaticly on my deskopt.

Then copy it into your tactic folder... Ffs, seriously, your making it 5 times harder than it needs to be..

OMG i have copy it to my tactic folder
then when i go the teh game and press import i cant see anything, im not stupid something is wrong

Indeed.

There MUST be an issue with some installs or patches or versions.

I too cannot see any of the tactics/schedules I have downloaded in the "manage" sections of FM 2010.

This is NOT an issue of not being able to use the folder structure, it IS because some people have different settings.

Try seeing if you have something like:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\

In there there should be a tactics and schedules folder.

Save it there, then import it in the game as above.

Obviously adjust drive C: and Your User Name as appropriate.

sorry im not very good with computers but when ever i download a tactic and put it into the correct folder it is a php folder is there anway i can change this to a tac file like all the other tactics are or is that not possible ?

If files are downloading as .php files then use a different web browser and close your download manager.

I also don't have a tactics folder, what should I do if this happens? I had saved two tactics and they show up when I try to import them, but non of my imported tactics. I can't even find the folder the created tactics are in... Thanks for any help

i know what people are doing if you are on Vista you have to go to my documents>sports interactive>Football manager 2010>tactics then copy it into there

DO NOT go to program files and do it that way because it doesn't work.

Why have you put it in Data>Tactics for?.. It's just goes in Football Manager 2010>Tactics. Nothing to do with Data.. I don't know how some people can't do this.
There is no file Football Manager 2010/Tactics

It's just Football Manager 2010/data/tactics or nothing

erm im on a mac not windows.. what are the steps you take for that? ive tried doing it the same way as you have said but when im i open up the tactics folder in the game the downloaded tactics are not there to import... any ideas what im doing wrong or if its done differently for macs?

Hey I had the same problem as a couple of people- when it came to import the file, it showed up in the list but clicking on it brought up a 'this file could not be imported' error.

I went back to the tactics file and noticed that for some reason the file was 0kb- I got it from this site, so I downloaded the same one again, this time it was 2kb and worked like the tutorial said!