How To Use Downloaded Tactics in FM 2010

I also have this particular problem - happened since 10.3

- When importing or opening a tactic in archive tactics I get the error: this file could not be imported.
- tactics downloaded from this forum, all are .tac
- all saved in fm 2010/tactics

tried everything just can't use any downloaded tactics anymore.

pls help :)

Hey guys, I have saved the tactic i want into the tactics folder and it when i play the game and try to import the tactic the folder is empty and the tactic i saved doesn't appear.... can anyone help??

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Thats great thanks, you have to save it it my documents sports interactive folder not going through c drive thanks again ppl...

I'm using Windows XP & here's how I go about downloading & using tactics ( I'm not sure if you need a file-extracting application as I'd already downloaded ' 7-ZIP ' for free for something else ).
Click on the green ' Download Tactic ' tab to the left of the tactic description ( duh ! ) on the forum,
then follow the links:

>My Computer
>User Documents ( that's you )
>Downloads
> Select tactic file & rt click ' Copy '
>Backtrack to ' Sports Interactive '
>Football Manager 2010
>Tactics
>Rt click ' Paste '

Start your game, navigate to the team tactics page & access:
>Archived Tactics
The newly-downloaded tactic should be there ( & any other tactic you've saved ) for selection.
Remember to save it again once selected.
Sorry if this seems a bit of a long winded process but it becomes second nature after you've done it a few times.

Hope this helps you guys out

PS: I remember You used to get a message giving you the options of ' Run ' or ' Save ' when you attempted to download tactics ( on earlier versions of WXP ). If you still get that message always click on ' Save ' - I used to save to my desktop & copy it to my ' Tactics ' folder from there, but you get several destination options, so choose whichever's best for you. The procedure is the same except you can ignore the ' Downloads ' step.

Sorry if its wrong subject but how do i import new skins?

Heya all

Have had the same problem, which gets pretty frsutrating. However I found a way around it.

Go to manage tactics, click on import, and then create a new folder.
Call the name of the folder something that will be easily findable in Windows search (I called mine findme, but anything distinguishable will do)
Search for this folder using Windows search, then open it in Windows.
Copy any downloaded tactics into this folder.
In FM10, close import, and then reopen import, your downloaded tactics should now be selectable.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

when I download a tactic it downloads as a WinRAR so when I extract it to the tactic file on my FM I can't see the tactic I downloaded when I go to import it. Can anyone help me?

Im on vista and can only open tactic files not save them?
Anyone help?

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 AM ----------

Dnt needd help anymore :)

this was helpful, is it pretty much the same with training schedules as well then?

I've downloaded tactics such as Mr Hough's 4-1-2-3 and JP Woody's German V4 tactic but I can't use them.

I am on FM and I've downloaded and everything, and I go to Manage Tactics; import, and the tactics aren't there.

Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Sorted now. :)

im downloading them, my tactics folder is in a data folder in football manager 2010, I've also saved them in a new folder named tactics in football manager 2010 and im not able to find any tactics but the one I created in the game, help?

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Sorted now, i'm an idiot :)