TheBetterHalf

Patient Moderator
Reaction score
This thread of Seans is from FM10 but as the procedure is the same in this years edition...

Follow these simple steps to use a downloaded tactic in your game of FM 11

Step 1

On the tactic download page click Download

SS_2009-10-29_18-28-38.png

Step 2

When you download your tactic from FM-Base Save the file.

SS_2009-10-29_18-30-35.png

Step 3

Save the file to...

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\tactics

SS_2009-10-29_18-31-17.png

Step 4

Open FM 2010 and browse to the tactics screen.

SS_2009-10-29_18-32-07.png

Step 5

From there click on Tactic > Manage Tactics

SS_2009-10-29_18-32-35.png

Step 6

Click on Import...

SS_2009-10-29_18-32-53.png

... and choose the tactic from the list.

SS_2009-10-29_18-33-10.png

Step 7

Now click on Tactic again and now choose the tactic you just imported.

SS_2009-10-29_18-33-30.png

Finished

There you go. You should now be all set up ready to select your players for your new tactic.

SS_2009-10-29_18-33-46.png

FAQ:

Q - I have downloaded a tactic, a set of tactics and when I put them in the tactics folder, just like in the thread, I can find them when loading up the save

A - Check that the file has the .tac extension. Some users, especially when uploading sets of tactics, have used winrar or winzip to compress the file. Thes files needs to be unrared(unzipped). If you don't have winrar/winzip, buy or download an evaluation copy and install it on the computer. Then right clock the file you want to unrar/zip and select unrar/unzip. Move the files from the new created library as in the thread.

another way is by downloading it, click on the arrow next to the tactic in the downloaded bit, click show in folder, copy the file into the tactics file :)

Im sorry but i have a big problem. (Sorry for my bad english) I tried upload a tactic for 2 times, but the file and the informations is missing! I do something wrong? How can i upload a tactic? Thank you so much.

Im sorry but i have a big problem. (Sorry for my bad english) I tried upload a tactic for 2 times, but the file and the informations is missing! I do something wrong? How can i upload a tactic? Thank you so much.

Are you trying to upload it in the "Download section", then the file has to be approved( might take a day)

every time i go to import a box appears saying file could not be imported.

PLEASE HELP

When I try to import my file it cant be seen. It has a .php extension, how can i convert it to .tac ?

Some tactics i download appear not to be a 'TAC File' but a 'Shortcut'? How do i get these to work?

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Forget that question! Just had a mess and figured it out.

I right-clicked the shortcut, clicked properties and then opened file location.

where is the download site?:S

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

This thread of Seans is from FM10 but as the procedure is the same in this years edition...

Follow these simple steps to use a downloaded tactic in your game of FM 11

Step 1

On the tactic download page click Download

SS_2009-10-29_18-28-38.png

Step 2

When you download your tactic from FM-Base Save the file.

SS_2009-10-29_18-30-35.png

Step 3

Save the file to...

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\tactics

SS_2009-10-29_18-31-17.png

Step 4

Open FM 2010 and browse to the tactics screen.

SS_2009-10-29_18-32-07.png

Step 5

From there click on Tactic > Manage Tactics

SS_2009-10-29_18-32-35.png

Step 6

Click on Import...

SS_2009-10-29_18-32-53.png

... and choose the tactic from the list.

SS_2009-10-29_18-33-10.png

Step 7

Now click on Tactic again and now choose the tactic you just imported.

SS_2009-10-29_18-33-30.png

Finished

There you go. You should now be all set up ready to select your players for your new tactic.

SS_2009-10-29_18-33-46.png

FAQ:

Q - I have downloaded a tactic, a set of tactics and when I put them in the tactics folder, just like in the thread, I can find them when loading up the save

A - Check that the file has the .tac extension. Some users, especially when uploading sets of tactics, have used winrar or winzip to compress the file. Thes files needs to be unrared(unzipped). If you don't have winrar/winzip, buy or download an evaluation copy and install it on the computer. Then right clock the file you want to unrar/zip and select unrar/unzip. Move the files from the new created library as in the thread.
where is the download site? :S

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

but, the download page can't clicked. .:'(

Mine says it cannot open the file, and that I must look for the program to open it with. Any Ideas?

Mine says it cannot open the file, and that I must look for the program to open it with. Any Ideas?

o_O

what is the filename and extension?

an archive would be <filename>.zip <filename>.rar <filename>.7z or similar

a tactic file would be <filename>.tac and this is what FM uses (you would import it by going to "tactic>manage tactics" on your team's tactics page and selecting "import")

if it's an archive, then you need to get the appropriate program to extract it (or just get 7zip as it will handle them all and it's free.. Google it ;) )

when i put a tactic into the tactic folder it doesnt appear when i go into the game? am i putting it in the right folder? im putting it in the one with the rest of the default ones? ive tried creating a new folder but it doesnt appear when i go to import? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ive downloaded the tactics but they dont appear in the game. they are locked??? i can sse them on the computer they have a padlock on them??? help....

Mines doing exactly the same

when i put a tactic into the tactic folder it doesnt appear when i go into the game? am i putting it in the right folder? im putting it in the one with the rest of the default ones? ive tried creating a new folder but it doesnt appear when i go to import? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive copied the tactics i downloaded into the tactics folder but they arent visible, anything i can do

Click on tactics then on the right hand side it will say tactis again with a drop down menu, then click manage tactic then import and find the downloaded tactic:)

Click on tactics then on the right hand side it will say tactis again with a drop down menu, then click manage tactic then import and find the downloaded tactic:)

yep already tried that and the tactics arent there,

thanks

Last edited:
yep already tried that and the tactics arent there,

thanks

Are you sure that the tactics have been placed in

My Doc/ Sports In./ Fm11/ Tactics ?

If so, do they have the extension .tac?
If so, have you left the tacticsscreen ( ex click your team and go their again) and re-entered, clicked the archieved option in the drop meny ?

If so,then I dont know

Are you sure that the tactics have been placed in

My Doc/ Sports In./ Fm11/ Tactics ?

If so, do they have the extension .tac?
If so, have you left the tacticsscreen ( ex click your team and go their again) and re-entered, clicked the archieved option in the drop meny ?

If so,then I dont know

actually i found the right folder, i was using the 1 under program files when should have used the 1 under my docs,

thanks

Last edited: