how to use edin dzeko in real arsenal 4231?

pridders

Reaction score
i'm currently in my second season at arsenal and have been really successful using mantraluax's real arsenal 4-2-3-1 ( sorry don't know how to hyperlink the text so i'll include the link here >> http://www.mantralux.com/the-real-arsenal-4-2-3-1/) as well as here custom databases which can be found on that same site by using the menu. i signed dzeko in january and he did really well to start of with and still shows flashes of quality, finishing really hard chances that the likes of van persie and nasri frequently miss, but he's no way near as effective as other people say he should be, any suggestions? thanks in advance

Complete Forward - Attack.

Complete Forward - Attack.

sorry should have mentioned, i tried that and also took out the swap with AMR thats also included in the tactic but its had no effect :S

Edin Dzeko should not be a complete forward, there's no reason for that. If you trust your wingers and AMC to step up and take scoring chances, then in my opinion deep lying forward/attack is the best role/duty in your situation. If you want Dzeko to try to score most of the goals then advanced forward is the role I usually prefer in lone striker formations. With his PPM's and attributes he will still play in and create chances for the wingers and AMC, but slightly less so. It's up to you

That being said, Dzeko is a very similar type of player to Chamakh (based on his attributes and PPM's), so if you have some kind of plan for using Chamakh as your striker you should use Dzeko in the same way.

Edin Dzeko should not be a complete forward, there's no reason for that. If you trust your wingers and AMC to step up and take scoring chances, then in my opinion deep lying forward/attack is the best role/duty in your situation. If you want Dzeko to try to score most of the goals then advanced forward is the role I usually prefer in lone striker formations. With his PPM's and attributes he will still play in and create chances for the wingers and AMC, but slightly less so. It's up to you

That being said, Dzeko is a very similar type of player to Chamakh (based on his attributes and PPM's), so if you have some kind of plan for using Chamakh as your striker you should use Dzeko in the same way.

thanks this is really useful, il try them both and see how they work out, i normally play chamakh as a target man but thought that might be wasted on dzeko as his stats are so much better and are good enough for every role, hence the complete forward

He is strongest as an attacking target man (that's a fact). It is statistically his best role.

if u have edin dzeko, then sell chamak, cuz they are the same type of players. i was thinking of buying him, but then i didnt cuz chamk can play like him. i would foucs on buying a young striker like yaya sango or romeru lukaku.