edyeded

Reaction score
Hey fella's..i just signed Lukaku and was wandering wat type of striker (advanced forward, poacher etc..) i should set him as. I only play one up front for my stoke team. Anyone else use him the same way? And how do you guys use him?

I always used him as a deep lying forward with a poacher for the second striker, someone like Zarate, Bent, Defoe, Pazzini, etc. This is how he played. His stats don't look that great over the years, but bear in mind he was partnered with a 30-league-goal per season striker in Zarate, and an awesome regen I have, and also there was a fair few goals from midfield. I use the team tactics to make Lukaku as target-man, and supply to head, and my wingers to cross often, float crosses.

how much can i pick him up for? and is he worth it

Yes very worth it, and price depends on the patch and season. I play on patch 10.0, and I can pick him up from Anderlecht for about 1.2mil right at the start of a game, it may differ on different patches.

On 10.3 you will have to pay something more towards £9m, but he is definately worth it especially if you planning to play the game for a number of seasons

He's a great striker, you can get him in the first season for £10-12.5m I just signed him at the start of the third season for £25m at 18, his stats are insane.

im using patch 10.3 and had to pay about 10million for my Villa game. He becomes ridiculously good within a few years. 20 finishing, 20 composure is the standard. I played him up front as a target man with agbonlahor as an advanced forward and together they hit 40goals a season ... each for about 6 consecutive seasons (my Villa team has won the league 5 times in a row and the Champs league 4 times in a row (plus league, fa cup, world club etc).

first season record, he is worth it, i think got him for about 8m
lukakud.png

i might have to buy him, will he come to a championship team (leeds) Ive got kryvsotv,whilshire,florrio

i might have to buy him, will he come to a championship team (leeds) Ive got kryvsotv,whilshire,florrio

Possibly if you can offer wages in the region of around £50k+ although maybe wait a year and buy him when you are in the Premiership?

Play him as a complete forward, attack, and wait for the goals to start rolling in. Best forward in the game after a few years.

Bought him for £22,000,000, was insane with 18 in first half of the season with Yannis Tafer as poacher on 19, but then chairman sold him to Tottenham for £11,000,000 in January transfer window... Fortunately Tafer went on to get 39 goals and I signed Dzeko on a free to replace him :) Lukaku's finishing, composure and height are unbelievable for someone so young though so definately worth a buy

Complete Forward/ Attack
He is my super sub
zkg092.png

I'd play him as a complete forward. Reminds me of Drogba in a way - quite explosive, very strong and great finishing. Can also play as target man. He's basically good in any role, but don't underestimate him as a poacher - if you need a poacher, he still does a great job.

I play him as a target man. On my 3rd year with Sampdoria finished best scorer in Serie A. He is amazing give him some time to develop and goals will just come by.

he doesn't perform well for me.... do you play him as a lone striker or as paired striker?

Target man/support paired with 2 poachers flanking him in a 433, planning on asking him to learn all of drogba's ppm's (back to goal, run through centre and move into channel). I've had him for 15 games so far and he either assists or scores every match. Well worth 9mil