How will you utilize the new fm18 player roles?

pleming

Reaction score
I am very intrigued by the Carrilero and Mezzala roles... I have always wanted to recreate this SLB side.

I am thinking of using one Mezzala (DiMaria) and one Carrilero (Ramires), and pairing an inverted wing back on the Mezzala side and a complete wing back on attack on the Carrilero side.

I would set the DM as an anchorman or halfback, with a central defender and ball playing defender behind him.

In the front 3, I would go with a TMS, with a DLFA and TQA supporting him.

I also think the Mezzala/IWBs will be useful in recreating this seasons Man City. Silva and De Bruyne are always finding themselves out wide and those wingbacks are alway underlapping to be beside Fernandinho.

I'm not all that jazzed about the inverted winger, it seems like an inside forward for the midfield band, which is nice, but not useful to me in my usual tactics.

I am kind of intrigued by the Segunda Volante, especially in playing a 352 w no strikers... I would use two wing backs, with a SV on attack, a roaming playmaker and either an anchorman or ball winning mid in front of the back 3 (two bpdx and a libero if playing a 1man attack, or two bpdd and a sweeper if playing a two man attack- when using the linero, the anchorman plays to his weak side foot and the rpms is in the middle, if set as a sweeper, anchorman goes in the middle)... then up top a Shadow Striker and an Enganche.

I've had some success with that 3520 using a bwms with all the go forward, dribble options ticked alongside the roaming playmaker and anchorman. beimg able to use the sva will be nice, and get him a bit more forward, hopefully.

Would love to hear how you guys want to use these new roles.