How would you line up with these players?

joehaha

Reaction score
basically iv started a file as utd..pre hand i did what i percieve to be done deals this summer...young, phil jones and de gea to utd. anyhow i have a selection dilemma at the moment and i dont know what to do.

im lining up 4 2 3 1 with the 2 central midfielders..one being a deep lying playmaker and then behind him iv got a defensive mid.

the 3 attaking mids i cant decide wether to play wide with 2 wingers..or 3 centrally with the 1 up top.

gk and defence picks itself thats fine.

dmf picks itself..iv got vidal.

but the problem area is at the moment my deep laying playmaker is modric, then iv got ashley young, alexis sanchez, javier pastore, rooney and javier hernandez.

now i want hernandez to play up top on his own as hes a machine, 48 goals last year for me and has started in the same fashion this year. last year i played rooney in the amc role set to a trequarista, and he was brilliant there too.

young plays left wing and he gets bags of assists, and i really fancy sanchez as my right winger...but where do i fit pastore in? iv tried playing him in the deep laying playmaker role but he doesnt do too well and ideally i dont want him in that role i want him higher up. im willing to sacrifice young and put rooney on the wing but then rooney doesnt really play that well on the wing. SUGGESTIONS?!?!

Change your Deep lying into Advanced playmaker the Modric or Pastore can do that job very well :)

(Modric is better suited I think, with Pastore better at an attacking midfield role, but he could easily do the playmaker too)

but wouldnt i be too exposed then in defence? thats my worry with that

I'd Play Pastore at AMC with Hernandez up front as a Poacher. Retrain Rooney to AML and put Alexis Sanchez on the right. Looks like you're just going to have to rotate or sacrifice someone.

yeah thats what im thinking...too many cooks and what not lol..i also am toying with the idea of signing bale in the summer to play as a left winger..although i could put him in at left back and have him attack down the left with rooney play inside forward from the left

but wouldnt i be too exposed then in defence? thats my worry with that

Let Vidal get on with that, I think the "advanced playmaker" role simply means he will get forward a bit more, for players with better movement. Tackling doesnt matter too much for a deep lying playmaker (Pirlo did sod all tackling for Milan, he left that to Gattuso), hes just there to ping balls to players ahead of him

its a dilemma..im gonna retrain rooney to attacking mid left, pastores training in centre mid. and im gonna see how it goes, hard to drop young. 20 assists in 13 games

I always go for average rating over reputation. If I have a 17 year old Striker scoring more goals than a 30 Y/O world renowned Striker, I'll choose the 17 year old. Stick with Ashley on the left whilst you re-train Rooney or possibly just rotate Sanchez and Ashley until they are both comfortable in playing there, let the team gel.

Not sure why you signed pastore if you knew you would have young and sanchez.

Tbh i'd drop rooney, stick Pastore in AMC behind Hernandez. Then either rotate Rooney in with the wide men or sell him off at some point and bring in some new kids.

yeah i mean my teams playing well..last season i did the league and champs league double (treble if u count league cup) but this year iv added vidal and pastore to the team. sanchez has been there since january so still settling i guess. at the moment its just rotating, dont know how im feeling about playing with the advanced playmaker from centre midfield as i do think it leaves me too exposed

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

LOL pastore just got injured by rooney in training..out for 7 weeks to 2 months.

think rooney decided to take matters into his own hands

if ya feeling well ballse you could try a 4 2 2 2 brazilian box with sanchez (sick striker this season) and hernadez up front with run onto ball and have pastore and rooney behind sraying balls for them (tracking back ofc). then you can have fletch and anderson as to anchors with fullbacks crossing balls in and being an outball

also could try a 3 4 1 2 to keep wingers and have pastore in midfield as you got 2 cb covering him

rooney hit 32 goals and 17 assists last season...im just being greedy and want too many superstars in my team really.

i think if i can get rooney to become a natural from the left, il have him inside forward and sacrifice young

EDIT: Don't know what I'm talking about.. XD

Last edited:
I played pastore as a cm set to surport and he scores loads of goals and trained him in tackling and bosted that a bit and he was brillant.
world player of the year twice in a row, and i only have the two cm so pastore helping out the attack and huddlestone doing the deffencive work.
I am tottenham and have bale on the left wing he gets goals and assists, i think 90% of my assist have come from him,and i young as cover.

You have way too many top players for your positions. A squad full of 'big name' signings does not make a successful one. It will be hard to keep them all happy if you have to rotate them all the time.

You may have to seriously think about letting a couple go at the end of the season. I am not going to tell you who to shift as i can't see their stats e.g. pass completion, assists, average rating. This has to be your decision...be wise! lol