xtremeRED

Reaction score

How would you rate this CB?

I just bought him for my team, and when I scouted him earlier, he had 1.5* CA, and 4* PA.

Now that he's in my team, the black part of the 4* is missing, and he is rated at only 1.5 full golden *!

View attachment 233397

Personally I think his attributes are very good for a CB, and he can be a very good and reliable defender..

What say people?

He's a decent centreback no doubt, but he's by no means world class.

O,it depends totally of your team,best players are rated full golden stars(4 or 4,5),if a player with 4 stars plays only few matches in the season,then his stars are dropping.
If you give your defender more minutes,all possible minutes,next year he'll have 4 golden stars.

He's a decent centreback no doubt, but he's by no means world class.

obviously...
not thinking he'd be a world beater...
but just 1.5*?
I have Yanga Mbiwa, Kostas Manolas and Niklas Stark as my main CB's..
then there's Coates and Nathan Baker as back ups who barely feature..
but the thing is that my scouts rate this lad even behind Baker and Coates! and honestly I don't trust my back 4 if they play!
his mental stats and physical stats are good enough, and heading, tackling, marking are also pretty decent..

I don't pay much attention to how scouts rate players, as even with 20 PA + CA judgement they seem to doubt everyone (for example I signed Tielemans and Jovic and they gave them 1.5*, only to go up to 3.5* over the season). He's definitely good enough to be a 4th choice CB, I'd have him in a CL winning side to be that far down the pecking order.

Over the season if he performs I imagine your scouts will reevaluate him to a higher CA star rating.

I hope so...

thing is I sold Juan Jesus in January window and bought this guy to slowly blend into the team..
he was rated at 1.5/2* and with a potential of 4*!
and the day he came in, I was shocked to see just plain yellow 1.5 stars and no potential increase!

I had Jesus at 4*
now I have

Manolas 4*
Yanga Mbiwa 3.5*
Niklas Stark 3* with a potential to be 4*
Coates and Baker are like 2* and they are not Amy good...

now, all other players on higher wages than this lad, who is on such a cheap contract!

he's played 2 games so far, and rated 7.5 and 7.7 in those games...

so I'm not as bothered about how my scouts rate him, and honestly, I'd rather ditch my scouts at the end of the season, than let this guy go so soon!

Worrying about the scout ratings, is a complete waste of time. It's like watching a weather cast, you'll see it because it gives you the impression that you know how the weather will be, but really there's a 50/50 percent chance that they'll miss by a mile :)

Decisions is the first attribute I look at for any player. If I am playing with a leading team in a top division. I will not sign unless at least 14-15

What's not a decision ??