How would you set up a narrow 4-2-3-1?

DavidCfc

Reaction score
I am currently using 3 advanced playmakers behind my advanced forward but it's not working as well as I want it to as they are not providing my striker with enough chances. How would you recommend setting them up?

I am currently using 3 advanced playmakers behind my advanced forward but it's not working as well as I want it to as they are not providing my striker with enough chances. How would you recommend setting them up?
You have 3 players providing balls for ONE player. So you rely entirely on the AF, but he has no goal scoring support and no one to distract the defenders.

You need a plan of how you want to set up. That'll make life much easier.

Try changing one to an attacking midfielder so you have someone making runs into the box to support your AF?

I am using a narrow 4-2-3-1 right now that is pretty successful. I use my AMC(r) as an attacking midfielder, this gives you more freedom to tweak and can have him shoot more often, with AMC (c) as advanced playmaker on support and AMC (l) as advanced playmaker on attack. Together with a DLF to start the game and team with "work ball in box" and "exploit center" I'm finding plenty of chances created. Depending on how the game goes I usually change my DLF midway through the game to Advanced fwd to try and push up and spread the play a little. I'm finding the 3 AMCs to combine really well, only problem is the "work the ball in the box" tends to prevent them from shooting when there is a clear shooting chance in the game. If don't select that however I find they will shoot from ridiculous positions and i usually get 10-15 blocked shots per game, which is frustrating.