TicTactition

Reaction score
NEWCASTLE UNITED RELEGATED

View attachment 151541

View attachment 151542

A sad day indeed for everyone in Tyneside in Black & White but joy for the ones in Red & White. Newcastle have endured a torrid season under Steve McLaren who ultimately failed to deliver what he had promised. Norwich City and Aston Villa make up the other unfortunate two which could have probably been predicted after their retrospective previous seasons; But Newcastle?

I was brought up in an era when Newcastle was in the Champions League, where the great Bobby Robson was managing players in the ilk of Alan Shearer, Nolberto Solano, Shay Given and so on. The club spent quite alot of money this year and probably was looking to improve on the previous campaign looking at perhaps a top half finish but it wasn't to be.

View attachment 151534

Rafa did what he could while he was here and ultimately tightened up our ever leaky defence and finished the season with a flourish with a 5-1 win over title-chasers Tottenham but after negotiations hit a halt, Rafa confirmed going from managing the worlds most decorated club in Real Madrid to managing in the Championship was just not viable. The club needs a clear-out and a manager who knows what he wants from his players and to bounce back into the Premier League immiediately.

View attachment 151533

The biggest question of them all is how many of their prized players will Newcastle be able to hold on to? With interest circling around players such as Wijnaldum, Ayoze Perez, Janmaat, Mitrovic and Sissoko it may well be that Newcastle have a big rebuilding job on their hands as some of Europes elite will be biting at the prospect of snapping these players up.

Who to look to?

View attachment 151532

Emerging as some top talents, the last few games in the Premier League have shown Lascelles belongs at that level and Karl Darlow cemented his #1 spot in goal after Tim Krul's injury crisis. These will be the two players that Newcastle will have to build their foundations on to be going back into the Premier League.

​JOIN MY JOURNEY

Last edited:
Good luck mate! Looking forward to seeing who you can persuade to stay, and how you get on in the Championship

Will be getting started later on today guys, had quite alot on my hands.

View attachment 151064

View attachment 151053

The less said about the previous season, the better.
I don't think the players was poor or lacked any fighting spirit, I blame it due to bad man-management of players and not getting the best out of them - something Steve McLaren lacked in masses. Despite the best efforts of the club and it's stature, keeping hold of key players was always going to be a struggle when you have internationals and players keen to play in the top leagues in the world. My first job was getting rid of anyone who didn't want to be here and wasn't 100% committed to the cause. Some of our best players have moved on which I can't blame them for but I promise you this, next year we will build a team of players that would die for the shirt.

View attachment 151048

A club of this size shouldn't be languishing in the Championship, they should be challenging for European spots year upon year. This City is so unique, you won't find Liverpool fans, Manchester United fans or Arsenal fans in the walls of Newcastle. Newcastle or Sunderland, born and bread and true to their own with the working class people. We will give them their football club back and take away all the money eating pre-madonna's.

We are going to strip the club thin and rebuild from the very roots - Starting now.

View attachment 151063

View attachment 151043

View attachment 151041

It's pre-season and time to get down to business. Whilst players and staff have had an end-of-season break - I have not. I've been working relentlessly with players and agents of both Newcastle players and players afar. We've worked out what is best for the individuals leaving the club and their own personal goals but while the financial package still needs to be negotiated we will not be held ransom to letting players go on the cheap. Me and Mike Ashley have agreed that we will need to cut the playing budget down regardless as we won't have the same income as we get in the Premier League and we need to turn a profit in the sales of players department before we can get any money to spend.

I'm a big believer in Youth - If you're good enough then you're old enough. I'll be keeping a keen eye out on youth and if they are progressing well they will indeed get their chance in the team. I'll also look for bargains and players that represent value for money. The key is to develop players I bring into the club whom I think have great potential, we need to look to the future and forget about last season. My goal is promotion back to the Premier League first time round and I know if we get the right players then we will certainly take that chance.

View attachment 151026

My Assistant manager, Ian Cathro.
He's been of massive importance to me already helping me since I stepped foot in here and the man who has helped me in the decision of what players to keep and what players to cut ties with. Some whom we would like to keep is out of our jurisdiction as they want to progress their careers as footballers which we understand and respect. But after weeks of negotiating and haggling we have finally decided on offers which have come through the phone and been acceptable for us and the club and we want to start fresh. Below are the deals which have been completed.

View attachment 151019

Tim Krul - Ajax - £7.5m

I feel Tim had a great run here as a Goalkeeper but after his injury and the buy of Karl Darlow it spelled the end, he returns to his homeland and is still a very good keeper nonetheless but I feel the future is in the hands of Karl Darlow.

View attachment 151014

Georginio Wijnaldum - PSG - £18m

One who I'd of love to have kept as his talent is beyond amazing and the attitude of the lad is next to none. But when PSG came calling I couldn't stand in the way. I feel that we could have got maybe a little more from them but he got a great deal out of it and is now playing at a top European club.

View attachment 151013

Daryl Janmaat - Chelsea - £11m

Again, Daryl is a great player and probably one of the highlights of Newcastle's team going down but I feel this is a position which we need great athlete's to fit into my system and although a good player he was not my sort of player so we swiftly moved him on to Chelsea.

View attachment 151010

Henri Saivet - AS Monaco - £6m

Waste of money being brought here, didn't play a single competitive game and didn't show desire to want to be part of the future, could have been a good player in the Championship but his attitude was wrong so we allowed him to return to France.

View attachment 151009

Papiss Cisse - £7m - Al Ain

After his 1st season, never really replicated his form. Best move for both parties, we have better players lined up in that position and he gets a final payday in Dubai. Win-win.

View attachment 151007

Moussa Sissoko - Arsenal - £26m

Excellent player, excellent money we couldn't decline for this division. Would have been a luxury to have kept but it wouldn't have been financially viable for us as we can buy 3-4 more players for the first team next year. I hope Moussa has a great time at Arsenal as he's a powerhouse of a player.

View attachment 151006

Fabricio Coloccini - BOCA - Free

Granted his wish to return home to retire, a fantastic servant of the club but we are embarking on bringing through a new generation of players. A good, honest player which I wish farewell.

View attachment 151005

Siem de Jong - Ajax - £6m

Lazy player who could be a good one but chose not too. Never really too bothered when losing and I don't want characters like that near the team. Returns home to Ajax where his lackluster attitude will probably be more accepted.

Other players to leave the club:

Vernon Anita - Feyenoord - £4m
Yoann Gouffran - Bordeaux - £2m
Paul Dummett - Burnley - £1.3m
Sylvain Marveaux - Stade Rennais - £1m
Florian Thauvin - Marseille - £12.5m
Emannuel Reviere - Saint-Etienne - £3m

We've made some great money in this window but we have quality lost and will be hard to replace in this league as some higher end Premiership players won't drop down to the Championship which is understandable. Me and Ian have some great work on our hands but despite raising over £100m I doubt we will have that at our disposal. We will work hard with our scouts to try secure a squad ready in-time for the league opener again Rotherham.

View attachment 151002