Gameophile

Reaction score
HSV - Rise of the Red Shorts

200px-Hamburger_SV_logo.svg.png

Hamburger SV had only just appointed coach Armin Veh but he realised he had personal issues to deal with at home as family matters most, Hamburger SV had to think quick with the season approaching soon, so they snapped up unknown manager Nathan Williams, a former semi-professional footballer and manager. Fans are questioning this appointment as he is unknown, however Nathan Williams realised this statement " I know I am not well known or have much experience but HSV wanted a fresh face in football and they picked me for the job "

With a season budget of £0 Williams had to think about how to improve his current squad, four players were sold to raise some funds with Castelen Romeo joining Arsenal for £2.2m, Jonathan Pitroipa joining Stoke for £2.2m, Jose Paolo Guerrero joining Barcelona for £2.6m and David Jarolim joining Lyon for £5m which gave Williams a nice £12m to spend on new faces bringing in 5 players, Tobias Linderoth on a free transfer, Gael Kakuta from Chelsea for a loan fee of £500k with a future fee of £6m, Costel Pantilimon from FC Timisoara for £2.8m, Anthony Annan from Rosenborg for £3.3m and Thomas Prager from LASK for £900k

annan.jpg

Anthony Annan - the new up and coming star for HSV?

Pre season went smooth for HSV with four wins out of six with the other two games being draws.

HSV kick start their season with a home game against Randers FC for a Europa League 3rd Round Qualifer

Only time will tell if Nathan Williams has got what it takes to take HSV to the top again since last winning the German First Division in 1983

Great signing in Annan good Anchor Man... i bought him as well in my story

Good luck mate, like German stories and good signing in Annan :)

Goodluck with it mate...the link is my second story but not many people are following

Good luck mate, like German stories and good signing in Annan :)

Cheers, I'll be posting an update every month hopefully :)

Goodluck with it mate...the link is my second story but not many people are following

I'll take a look at your story in a minute :)

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

July/August report

July-Aug.jpg

Not a bad start for HSV's first month with two good wins against German First Division champions Wolfsburg in a comfortable 3-0 win at home and a 4-1 home win against Leverkusen at the end of August.

HSV also have looked good in cup competitions with wins against FC Randers and Young Boys in the Europa League, with only a shock loss in the 2nd leg against Young Boys losing 4-3. They have also looked good in the German Cup winning their first game against Koblenz 3-0

HSV currently lie 5th in the league having played 4, won 2, drawn 1 and lost 1

The free signing of Tobias Linderoth has proved successful as the board are pleased with the signing, having made 5 appearances and making 1 assist.

250px-Tobias_Linderoth_2006.jpg

Mladen Petric has been ever present in front of goal this season making 9 appearances so far, scoring 6 goals and helping out his team mates with 4 assists

200px-Mladen_Petric.jpg

Good start with the wins against Leverkusen and Wolfsburg what tactic are you using

I love the playing strip, even better than Ajax - those ace socks are the best. (H)

I'm almost certain that's Mr Hough's 4-1-2-3. It's worked very well for me when I've used it.

I'm almost certain that's Mr Hough's 4-1-2-3. It's worked very well for me when I've used it.

Ah cool, I didn't know where it came from but it's working well for me so far. I will be posting the next two months of my season soon, so keep an eye out :p

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

September/October report

Sept-Oct.jpg

A pretty good two months have gone by and HSV are now up to 3rd place in the League having now played 11 games, winning 7, drawing 1 and losing 3.
In the cup competitions it's been good and bad, in the Europa League HSV were handed a tough group with Lazio, Fulham and Maccabi Haifa. However they managed to thrash Maccabi Haifa 6-0 at home with Ruud van Nistelrooy bagging an incredible 5 goals in the game. The next cup game was a 2nd round German Cup match against Gladbach which ended terrible as they lost 2-1 away in extra time which meant they were out of the cup in just the 2nd round. Fulham was next on the fixtures for a cup match in the Europa League where HSV had a comfortable 3-0 away win, which meant Lazio were next to play in the group and HSV made a shock win 2-0 away. HSV are now top of group H in the Europa League having played 3 and won all 3 games, scoring 11 goals and not conceeding once, new signing Costel Pantilimon has been the keeper for the cup games and has been in great form so far.

HSV have made another new signing set to arrive in January, feeling they needed to bring in a new defender or at least some more backup so are signing 20 year old Christopher Schorch. Schorch is a new signing at Koln but felt it was just not right and jumped at the chance to join HSV in a £2m deal.

20070918dasdasftb_8.jpg

Christopher Schorch

In stats, Marcus Berg has topped the club's scoring charts with 10 goals in 17 appearances, also aiding his team with 4 assists.

200px-HSV_Berg.jpg

Marcus Berg

Last edited:
Bit easy using the wonder tactic? Ah well, good luck anyway. Bet you win the league.

Bit easy using the wonder tactic? Ah well, good luck anyway. Bet you win the league.

Wonder tactic? I don't do that well on FM in general and not very good at making up my own tactics, I wouldn't know where to start. So you're saying this tactic is an easy way to win?

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

Just to let everyone know I've stopped playing this game as apparantly the tactic I was using was too easy so going to start a new one with something different, thanks for noticing my story for those who read it.

Just try making your own tactic only one way to become good at
it through trial and error and look at the tactical theromes good luck but u should really use your own tactic alone with many others

Just try making your own tactic only one way to become good at
it through trial and error and look at the tactical theromes good luck but u should really use your own tactic alone with many others

Thanks I will try and make my own, just I think it will fail. I have used created tactics that are avaliable for download for ages and I've still struggled but will have a go.

Good luck mate. I'll be following. I was doing a HSV story a few months ago till my hard drive corrupted :mad:.

Good luck mate. I'll be following. I was doing a HSV story a few months ago till my hard drive corrupted :mad:.

Thanks but I don't think it will be with HSV next time, sorry to hear about what happend to your hard drive, I would of gone mad