Lucas9193

Reaction score
View attachment 251094

The Hamburg Revival

Hamburg SV is one of the Germany's oldest, most well known, and best performing clubs, with the unique distinction of having played continuously in the Bundesliga since the end of World War I; the team has never been relegated from any top-flight league and is the only team that has always played in the Bundesliga since its foundation in 1963.
In the mid 70s, HSV began a brilliant run that saw them capture numerous honours. In 1976 they won the DFB-Pokal and followed up the next year with a Cup Winners Cup. They took their first Bundesliga championship in 1979, fell just two points short behind Bayern Munich in 1980, and then won consecutive championships in 1982 and 1983.Also In 1983 they won the European Cup with a 1–0 win over Juventus, followed by another German Cup in 1987.

But since then its been pretty bleak for Hamburg. in the 2010/2011 season, they finished in 15th place and looked like serious contenders for relegation throughout the campaign. My aim is to try bring back the glory days to HSV and once again be competing in Europe.

View attachment 251096

The Hard Work Begins....

This season is looking to be a tough one. We have no money to make any signings in the Transfer Window and the only way to make that possible is by selling to make the funds. Quite a few players had already been brought in by the old manager before my arrival, some i wouldn't have made myself but Im going to give the majority of the squad a chance to make their way into the starting 11/squad. Also with all but 4 players in the first team squad being under the age of 30, i might look to bring in one or two experienced heads into the squad this summer.

Here are a few players who i feel will be really important in making this season a good one for HSV

1) Jaroslav Drobny - A quality keeper, and Im pretty sure a few clubs will try and come in for his services this summer. Brilliant in the air and communicates well with the defence which is important as a keeper

2) Heiko Westermann - Signed during the 2010/2011 campaign for 7.75 Euro's and was unimpressive. Surprisingly quick for a CB and Im hoping to bring the best out of him for us this season.

3) Gojko Kacar - This will be Kacar's second season at the club and im hoping its a big one. He is a brilliant defensive midfielder and his determination and bravery make him a fan favorite.

4) Mladen Petric - Most certainly knows where the goal is, a real class act. Whilst being able to finish brilliantly he can also hit a deadly freekick, and his attitude is spot on which of course is a massive bonus.

View attachment 251095

In's & Out's

From what I had first unexpected, I thought that this transfer window would have been non-existent for us seeing as we had no available funds for transfers. But as I said in the last update, selling would be the only way to bring in the funds for players, so that’s what I did.

Although no-one was officially sold we managed to bring in £7 Million in Loan fee’s which helped towards the players we brought into the squad for the upcoming season. Also the players we brought in where all on a loan basis, but with the option to make the move permanent at the end of the season.

Anyways, here are the in’s and out’s in full.

Out's

View attachment 251129

The players that I decided to let go where mainly based on footballing reasons, but more importantly I felt the squad needed improving and selling needed to be done to bring in the players.

Markus Berg and David Jarolim are good enough for the squad, but they were the players that I felt we wouldn’t miss as much, and that could still bring in a nice amount of money. £5 Million for the pair of them, and they haven’t 100% left the club yet so could still return for the start of next year although I would look to sell them once again. But with Robert Tesche and Lam Zhi Gin, I just felt they were nowhere near up to the standard that is needed so loaned them out.

In the first place I was trying to sell all four of these players, but no clubs where coming in with offers. Quite happy the way it turned out as £7 Million is a good return.

In's

View attachment 251130

With these players coming into the squad, I feel that we have brought in a good mix of old and youth players which will help towards our goals this season. Mainly the midfield was the area I tried strengthening the most, as I felt it was probably the weakest area of the squad and needed adding to. Here’s a look at why I signed who I did.

1) Niko Kranjcar – We needed an attacking midfielder who can score but also set up a few goals, and im hoping Niko can be that man. Loan fee was £1.2 Million and also can be purchased at any time for £3 Million

2) Guti – Will be mainly used on a rotation basis as he is 34 years old, but still has the qualities to play at this level. Will also be a wisehead in the squad and can help the younger players out. Cost us nothing so couldn’t say no really.

3) Alejandro Pozuelo – Young exciting CAM who I feel will have a great future with HSV. Will only really feature in Cup games this season to gain some first team football. Loan fee was £500k with and option to sign for £1.5 Million at any time during the season.

4) Bruno – Defensive midfielder who has a good eye for a pass. Was brought in at first as squad player but think he may feature more as I first thought. Loan fee was £825k which is a steal in my eyes. Also with the future fee only being £1 Million I reckon it’s a brilliant buy.

5) Nelson Oliveira – Young, exciting striker who 100% will have an amazing career. Was really happy to sign him for as much as we managed, with the loan fee only at 200k and the future fee being £3 Million we will have a goal machine at HSV and would have cost us more a less nothing.

Overall pretty happy with the changes made this summer. Next update will be covering August & Septembers fixtures and will be up shortly.​

Interesting team you have chosen there mate, will be interesting to see how you get on with them! nice to see you brought in some players to, Bruno and Kranjcar look pretty solid signings will be good to see how they get on, not to fimilar with the others though but it will be interesting to watch, can you please upload a starting 11 at some point so we can see the how strong your team is, ill be starting my own story soon to, hope you have a look once its up but good luck with yours mate, ill be keeping a close eye on it :)!

really imprsssive..i'm a huge fan of gokhan tore ..following

Interesting team you have chosen there mate, will be interesting to see how you get on with them! nice to see you brought in some players to, Bruno and Kranjcar look pretty solid signings will be good to see how they get on, not to fimilar with the others though but it will be interesting to watch, can you please upload a starting 11 at some point so we can see the how strong your team is, ill be starting my own story soon to, hope you have a look once its up but good luck with yours mate, ill be keeping a close eye on it :)!

Cheers mate and yeah i'll throw the starting 11 in the next update!

Im currently playing as HSV, got 2 really good regens. Great save so far, club has so much potential

Might be following mate, it is promising so far, but try to be really creative with the story

I will definitely be following this mate!
Had some problems trying to start a game with HSV on my own. A team with massive potential. You're a big help.
I need to know which formation you use, and maybe some player instructions. Having some problems in that area, which is a pretty big part :)

Last edited: