HTML5 and Dreamweaver?

jack_widnell

Reaction score
Anyone out there good with HTML5 creation/Website design or Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.... Attempting to create a website from scratch, need some help......

First of all, get rid of Dreamweaver. If you want to lean how to make websites, do it completely from scratch. Use notepad or download Notepad++. You will get a much better understanding of how things work and how elements interact with one another.

Take a look at this website:
http://w3schools.com/

I'd go through the HTML stuff first, and then do the HTML5 after as it focuses on what is new. Muck about with the 'Try it yourself' things and try to understand why the changes you make have the effect they do.

After you have some grasp on HTML you should probably look at CSS. HTML defines the structure of websites, CSS defines the layout, colours, text sizes ect.

What Tharros said. No need for all that Dreamweaver nonsense.

Notepad + learning HTML + learning CSS = a **** good site.

Although I agree that writing code in notepad is much better for learning. Using just the text editor on Dreamweaver is a good option. As you can switch to the WYSIWYG mode when you need to for a quick on the fly preview of what the site looks like.

Although I agree that writing code in notepad is much better for learning. Using just the text editor on Dreamweaver is a good option. As you can switch to the WYSIWYG mode when you need to for a quick on the fly preview of what the site looks like.

ok thanks...