Ali67

Reaction score
Hello there.

Basically i've never really managed in the lower leagues in England successfully and was wondering which players had the biggest impact in league 1 from your past experience?
  • Looking for at least another striker(poacher) for when I want to rest Rhodes
  • Going to be playing with wingers so an AMR with relatively good pace and crossing ability
  • A young left back as Naysmith is ageing and probably only has a few good seasons left in him
I feel with these three additions to the squad we should at least gain promotion to the championship, if not win it.

Thanks in advance.

Send your scouts out to look for 3-3.5 star ability in the positions your looking for, I've only ever managed Swindon in the lower leagues and that seemed to work for me.

I think priority for me as I have done this recently, was Eric Lichaj a rb/lb cover, I got him on loan for first half of season but if possible i'd recommend getting him for full season, as for strikers you have plenty of strikers, I am Town fan and instead of shelling out for a striker I brought in Jody Morris and Flavien Belson, both defensive midfielders with Belson doubling up as cover for defence, Belson I wouldn't recommend, Morris is ok but I did end up letting him go once I won promotion. Danny Ward can play as a striker, you have Cadamateri, Alan Lee, Lee Novak, Jordan Rhodes and of course Kallum Higginbotham, possibly more, I have now got problems myself trying to pick between the vast swathes of choices to strengthen my squad in the championship.

One player who may help on the wing, is Tarmo Kink, Estonian international, doesn't seem to settle and ironically on my game scored his only goal in league one in my final game against Hartlepool, look into him maybe you can make him work better than me?