AHughes8

Reaction score
View attachment 163905
Huddersfield Town Guide 11.3 Patch

Background:
In 1926, they became the first English team to win three successive league titles. They also won the FA Cup in 1922 and have been runners-up on 4 other occasions. The Club play in Blue and White strips and their mascot is Terry the Terrier. They play their games at The Galpharm Stadium.

Goalkeepers:
View attachment 163906

Alex Smithies
Ian Bennett
Nick Colgan

Smithies should be your number 1 here no doubt. He is an under 21 international and will attract attention from other clubs however he should be kept as he can be a future Premiership Goalkeeper. I would also reccomend that you extend his contract as soon as you start the game. Ian Bennett provides decent back up for a season but after the 1st I would suggest getting rid of him and bringing someone else in. Get rid of Nick Colgan as he is deadwood and not needed.

Transfers In :
None

Transfers Out:
Ian Bennett (After 1st season)
Nick Colgan
Centre Backs:
View attachment 163907

Peter Clarke
Jamie McCombe
Tamas Kadar
Antony Kay
Tom Clarke
Nathan Clarke

You're more or less sorted in this department really. All 4 of these players are good enough for this level. Peter Clarke should be the club captain as his influence is very good. He is also a solid Championship performer therefore should be kept. Tamas Kadar is on loan from Newcastle, he is a very good defender and worth keeping on loan. Jamie McCombe should be your 3rd choice centre back. He is also good enough to play in the Championship so you should hold onto him as Kadar's loan will eventually end. Antony Kay is a good back up player. He should be able to hold his own in the division however I think you should sell him in January as his contract is up at the end of the season and depending on if you get promoted, he isnt championship standard. Tom Clarke is out for 7 to 8 months with Injury at the start of the game, when he gets back from injury I would sell him on - normally a few SPL clubs come chasing. Nathan Clarke should also be sold when he comes back from Colchester.

Transfers In:
None

Transfers Out:
Tom Clarke
Nathan Clarke

Full Backs:
View attachment 163908
Lee Peltier
Gary Naysmith
Kevin Kilbane
Jack Hunt
Liam Ridehalgh
Leigh Franks

Lee Peltier is your best full back. He is a Championship standard full back therefore should have no problems adjusting if you get promoted. You should try and get rid of Gary Naysmith as soon as you can as he is a massive wage eater and is always injured and has poor fitness. Kevin Kilbane is also a big wage eater and is not that good as his wage suggests. I would terminate his loan as there is other full backs out there. It is up to you on whether to keep Jack Hunt as he can develop into a rotation player. I would extend Liam Ridehalgh's contract however as he can turn into a first team player in time. Use him as back up to the first team full backs though. Leigh Franks should be sold as he will only be a lower league 1 standard

Transfers In:
Shaleum Logan (Loan for season, then sign him up when his contract expires at the end of the season)

Transfers Out:
Kevin Kilbane (Terminate Loan)
Gary Naysmith
Leigh Franks
Centre Midfielders:
View attachment 163909

Joey Gudjonsson
Scott Arfield
Damien Johnson
Chris Atkinson

Joey Gudjonsson is your strongest Centre Midfielder here. You should get him to tutor Scott Arfield. Arfield is good enough to be a first teamer and will also develop into a good Championship player. Damien Johnson's loan should be immediately terminated as he is out for a good year anyway. Chris Atkinson should be loaned out or sold depending on whether you have a future for him. As you can see, this leaves us with a little steele missing in the middle. Therefore, signings have to be made.

Transfers In:
Oliver Norwood (Loan for Season)
Dale Stephens
Jay Spearing (Loan for Season)

Transfers Out:
Chris Atkinson (Loan)
Damien Johnson (Terminate Loan)

Wingers:
View attachment 163910

Gary Roberts
Anthony Pilkington
Danny Cadamarteri
Aidan Chippendale

This is where the squad is the strongest IMO. You have 2 very good wingers who I would say are the best 2 in the league, these two are Gary Roberts and Anthony Pilkington who should be kept hold off as they're vital to your promotion push. You should build your team around them. Cadamarteri IMO is not good enough and should be let go when you can, Aidan Chippendale will turn into a decent League 1 winger therefore should be loaned out to gain first team football. I would buy another back up winger for these 2 as they cannot play every game.

Transfers In:
Michael Jacobs
James O'Shea (Loan for Season)

Strikers:
View attachment 163912
Lee Novak
Jordan Rhodes
Benik Afobe (Short Loan)
Alan Lee
Robbie Simpson

Lee Novak and Jordan Rhodes should be your partnership here. Both are capable of scoring at least 15 goals a season therefore both vital to keep. Its up to you whether to keep Benik Afobe or terminate his loan, however if you do keep him I would only use him as back up. Try and get rid of Alan Lee as soon as you can, he is a big wage eater and a poor player if you ask me. Robbie Simpson is on loan at Brentford and it is up to you whether to keep him after that or not but I choose to sell him.

Transfers In:
Ahmed Soukouna
Lauri Dalla Valle (Loan for Season)

Transfers Out:
Benik Afobe (Terminate Loan)
Alan Lee
Robbie Simpson (When Loan Ends)

Staff:
Terry McDermott
Paul Stephenson
Steve Watson
John Vaughan
Andy Kiwomya
Graeme Mitchell
Chris Howarth
Tony Carrs
Steve Redmond
Dave Bucky
Brian Young
Tommy Mooney
Steve Kelly
Dave Crossland
Darren Clegg

Try and tie Terry McDermott down to a longer contract as soon as you start the game as he is a great assistant manager and 1 of the best in lower league football. You Should also Keep Paul Stephenson, Steve Watson, Andy Kiwomya -Great Potential and Tommy Mooney.

Try and replace the others with top quality coaches like Tosh Farrell and Robert Prosinecki. Sorry, cant help much in this department.

Tactic:
I reccomend this tactic -http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-manager-2011-2-winger-tactic-discussion.html as it accomadates to your strengths well- I used it and won the league in the 1st season on 107 Points.

Youth:
Huddersfield have a decent youth academy and normally a few good regens come through the academy that will develop into Championship and sometimes Premiership players.

Looks good mate, Im thinking about doing a Huddersfield save, they have a lot of potential and also I rate Lee Peltier as a player, we had him at Yeovil a couple seasons back, but like Nil said, what is the transfer budget and wage? Maybe put all that information into the guide, expections, chairman, finances etc.