iMax

Reaction score
I couldn't think of a witty title like the other ones. A sidenote really, but I really love the To win or Toulouse title. Anyway, I'm new to this forum, so I'm sure (and hoping) that none of you know me yet, but hopefully I can become more active. Anyway, here I'll recount my Huddersfield Town Story, probably updating every month or every 4-5 games, with the exception of the transfer window periods where I'll probably update more often.

I've already played pre-season so I'll just post about it now.

------------------

The minimum expectation was a Top Half finish, which gave me a £400k budget, and a £49k per week wage, but I stated I'd go for Promotion, which left me with £525k to spend. After just a quick glance at my squad, I decided to build my team around a 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation, and soon went into transfers to strengthen the squad. Just signed a few players, I was trying to sell some of my fringe players, but unfortunately, no one was really interested.

Transfer Dealings:

Huddersfield Final Squad:

Pre-Season results:

Huddersfield 2-0 Huddersfield Reserves: Theo Robinson (2)
Annan 1-4 Huddersfield: Jordan Rhodes, Greg Kelly (OG), Daniel Pacheco (2)
Barrow 0-2 Huddersfield: Daniel Pacheco, Rohan Ricketts
St. Albans 2-3 Huddersfield: Daniel Pacheco, Antony Kay, Robbie Simpson
Huddersfield 2-0 GH Academy: Theo Robinson, Robbie Simpson
Havant & W 0-2 Huddersfield: Jordan Rhodes (2)
Dover 0-3 Huddersfield: Lee Novak (2), Daniel Pacheco
Forest Green 0-3 Huddersfield: Gavin Carlin (OG), Gary Roberts, Jordan Rhodes.

In-form Players:
Jordan Rhodes: 4 games, 4 goals, 2 assits, 7.65 rating.
Daniel Pacheco: 6 games, 5 goals, 3 assists, 7.62 rating.
Rohan Ricketts: 5 games, 1 goal, 4 assists, 7.32 rating.

EXPECT AN UPDATE VERY SOON. I'M ON BREAK SO I'LL BE PLAYING TODAY AND TOMORROW!

On a side note; anyone think that playing on a new skin is like playing an entirely new game? Just changed skin, and it's making me want to play more!

Last edited:
Good luck buddy, great pre-season... just don't go and peak too early!!;)

While it's half-time at the game, here's the August update:

Transfers:
As previously shown in the picture above, in August, I managed to do two transfer dealings, one coming in, and one leaving. Gary Doherty, the defender from the recently relegated Norwich signed for £500K. My fans weren't so happy with the transfer, stating that it was wayy too much money (and to be fair, I could have gotten him for cheaper. After they rejected my £240k bid, they quickly accepted the next one). I sold Nathan Clarke for £140K and surprisingly, the fans were happy.

The Season
Season wise, it's been slightly weird, with me starting off with a 2-1 loss to Southend in a game where they dominated completely, and next up was a League Cup encounter with Notts Co which I won 3-2 with goals from Novak, Rhodes, and Tom Clarke. That was followed by a 2-2 draw vs Southampton, 2-1 win against Brighton, and a 0-1 away win against Bristol Rovers.

After that 3-2 league cup win against Notts Co, I managed to draw of all teams Portsmouth in the second round. Ridiculous, absolutey ridiculous game as it was 2-1 me 'til the 91st minute, with two goals from Jordan Rhodes, but then Portsmouth scored in the last minute of injury time. After extra time it was still level so it went to penalties. A really weird penalty shootout that ended 15-14 me, so I'm through to the third round.

Results:

2-1 Southend
3-2 Us (League Cup)
2-2 V Southampton
2-1 Us
0-1 Us
2-2 V Portsmouth (League Cup--through on penalties)
2-0 Us

We're now in 5th place, so I'm doing alright for my promotion goal so far, however with the team I have, I think I may have the quality to automatically promoted in 2nd, or even win the league.

Last edited:
good luck , big town fan so ill follow. few more screenies would be gd tho. suprised ur leaving Gary Roberts out of the team he is a fantastic player both in game and irl for that league. Also keep hold of Alex Smithies for as long as possible he proves to be a very gd gk with the right training.

good luck, mate look into will topp, free agent

good luck , big town fan so ill follow. few more screenies would be gd tho. suprised ur leaving Gary Roberts out of the team he is a fantastic player both in game and irl for that league. Also keep hold of Alex Smithies for as long as possible he proves to be a very gd gk with the right training.
Thanks for following and the advice on the story. While it's true Gary Roberts really isn't a starter, since my starting wingers have a stamina of 12 (which I suppose, for this level isn't that bad), he does end up getting a lot of games. Plus both wingers are adept at playing center midfielder too.

I finished my september month yesterday too, so expect an update once I find the time to write it up.

Ey???? Where have you gone??? Lol.....

I wana know more, Im currently managing Huddersfield so any hints and tips for them? Im doing brill tbh. Got them into Championship atm. Im a massive Derby Fan, but got sacked originially, (im new to FM), Lee Clark got my Job, i took huddersfields.

I managed to get Giles Barnes from Derby, i have also signed DJ Campbell from Leicester, hes bagging the goals in! Haha.

Jordan Rhodes struggles in my squad? Hasnt scored for god knows how long and doesnt rlly put in good performances. What type of player is he if anybody could help please? Where would you play him and how?

Thanks