GreatKingy

Reaction score
Huddersfield Town unveil new manager
7-7-2009

Following weeks of speculation, it has finally been confirmed that 25-year-old Mark Kavanagh has signed a contract thought to be worth £1,300 per week to replace Lee Clark as manager of Huddersfield Town.

Kavanagh is thought to have a bright future in football management, and chairman Dean Hoyle is quoted as saying "We are pleased to be able to attract a young manager of Mark's caliber, and I have every faith in his ability to help this club progress. But then again, what do I know? I'm just a chairman. I'm not even clickable.".

Just what was meant by Hoyle's remarks remains to be seen, but it is now speculated that he is a bit of a nutter.

Kavanagh, on the other hand, had some rather more intelligable remarks for the gathered press at The Galpharm Stadium. When asked whether there are likely to be major changes at the club, Kavanagh declined to make comment, though when later asked about speculation linking the club with a move for Al-Ahly's Egyptian forward Emad Motaeb, he responded "I think it's fair to say there's some interest from our side.".

Kavanagh clearly has his eyes set on at least one major signing this summer, but how he will fare as the season progresses remains to be seen.

Mark Kavanagh has previously played for clubs such as Foundry FC and The Palatine.