Huddersfield Town

abberto69

Reaction score
OK. Firstly I apologise if this is in the incorrect place.

I have finally got Huddersfield promoted to the premier league and, all i can say is, I am doing poorly. Other than a ncie result against Tottenham, I am really struggling.

Any help would be appreciated.

I would suggest changing your tactic you have basically done nothing to it at the start and left it how it is. Also you haven't really got any Premier League standard players I would suggest looking at the transfer listed players, great cheap players in there. If you dont know how to look at the transfer listed players you go on the market then click the filter drop down then quick filters and theres transfer listed palyers. :)

Ideal. The reason I haven't really changed tha tactics is coz we were getting good results with it as it was but changing the strategy at hal;f time depending on how the match was going. Also, I have no transfer budget coz I was a fool and blew 24 mil on 2 players

Joshua King as he did amazingly for me on loan the season before and Gonzalo Barreto? Both up front so not got anything solid at the back other than Smithies

Could I see a screenie of them please.
The only other thing I could suggest is changing your tactic to defensive or attacking depending on whether you are not scoring enough or letting too many in.

Ah ok. Joshua Kings stats aren't that good on reflection but Barreto is scoring well at the moment.

Your always going to struggle in the Premiership with a team like that, try and bring in some better players.

Ye i'm liking the look of Barreto but 14 mill on Josh King I mean even if he was scoring for fun in the championship for you it's a totally different league the Premier League.

Yeah. Big mistake there. Trying to get rid of Mifsud, Harwood, Novak, Long to raise some cash for some players. Also looking at getting rid of Heffernan as he is getting older :(

You could of spent it more wisely on two or three players that are better than him but hey you learn from your mistakes.

I just hope I don't get relegated coz Smithies has release clause of 7.75m if we go down. and i feel that the board will accept offers for barreto and king even if the offer is poor

Ye good luck but it is solid trying to keep a league one side in the premier league i did it with Southamton and Plymouth unfortunatly I lost my Plymouth save but I'll post some screenshots of my team for Southamton. Hang on :p

That's awesome. Must've had a good transfer budget, that save is quite early, relatively speaking to me being in 2013

Ye I got back to back promotions straight into the premier league but then I stopped because my computer turned off and I hadn't saved it in ages so I just couldn't be bothered but may have a little go now ;)

I was considering starting a brand new game with Huddersfield now that I know how some players turn out. Better to sell some in first season knowing that their value drops a lot otherwise

Yeah I am. This is a good point. The thing is, I progress through games quite quickly as I tend not to tweak tactics fully as I always end up messing things up lol. I played the fm11 demo for a bit but didn't want to annoy myself by doing half season then having to wait haha