Tharros

Reaction score
A simple skin mod that adds another level of database size - Huge.

select_league.png

Installation
Extract the panels.fmf file to:

Win 7
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011

Win XP
C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011

In the game, Go into Preferences (Shift + P) > Display & Sound
Untick 'Use Skin Cache' and tick 'Reload Skin on Confirm'

Known Issues:
Doesn't work in the custom database dialogue - working on fixing it.

Download (FM-Base)
Mirror 1 (Filefront)

Last edited:
Nice so just gives you the option Huge along with small medium large?

Yeah the original three are still there. I just added a screen shot a second ago for reference ;)

Nice, but I don't fully understand. If its just a skin mod - the feature was there all along? Why does it need a mod to unlock? :S

Downloaded anyway, cheers!

You are right tubby. I was looking around for a way to do this and to my amazement it was extremely easy. All I had to do was add one line of xml and it worked - which means the functionality already existed. So it was a 5 second job in reality :p

It baffles me why SI didn't just include it in the game.

How many players extra did it enable?

The number of players added will depend on how many leagues you load. But as an example, in the screenshot in the OP, there is just England loaded down to League 2 - the size for each level is as follows:

Small - 7000
Medium - 10000
Large - 13000
Huge - 19000

So it adds a pretty decend amount of players over Large :D

Edit: Hmm... Downloads have been disabled. I will upload the file to somewhere else in a second. I only just woke up ;)
Edit2: OK just uploaded it to Filefront.

Last edited:
very strange that SI have taken this feature away, but thanks for correcting their obvious mistake and thanks för the download :D

Looks very, very nice. Ah, if only my laptop was capable. Great thread, mind.

vista

Hello, I have windows vista and I tried to extract in both files you mentioned but it doesnt work :/ any help plz????

Hello, I have windows vista and I tried to extract in both files you mentioned but it doesnt work :/ any help plz????
Could you be more specific? Are you having trouble extracting? Did you extract the panels.fmf to your My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011 folder?

I don't own vista so I don't know the exact path. It should be the same as Win 7 though. I have tested the file on both my computers, one has XP and the other Win 7 and it works fine on both.

Edit: Ok I just noticed something: the Huge option does not show up in the drop down when you are selecting custom DB settings. I will see if I can fix it.

Last edited:
yes exactly. I didnt have problem extracting, I just dont see it available when I run the game. thanks for the help, hope you can sort it out, because for me its the ultimate thing to have huge db. with custom the world is not so real..I dont want a game with like 12k brazilians and 100 chinese! unless you put all countries (and computer is not running). it doesnt make sense. so thanks again, it means a lot!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

btw can I make it work without actually seeing it on the screen? cause u said it worked fine for you, even if it didnt show up :p

I am having trouble locating the .xml that deals with the 'Edit Filter' dialogue box when you are selecting a custom DB. Anyone know which one it is? I have been searching for a while and haven't found it.

I may not be able to fix it though. Depending upon how the game works. I have check the 'filter dialogue.xml' which is the most obvious candidate, but there was nothing in there. I think that is just a generic filter dialogue. It depends where the game is getting the selectable options from. Wherever it is I have been unable to find it so far.

Edit: It does not matter too much though that it doesn't work in the custom screen. It was really just for lazy people who didn't want to specify what countries loaded ect anyway :p
If you are doing a custom DB you can be more specific.

Last edited:
pls answer

why doesn't the huge database work on win 7?......i followed the moves you sed but i doesn't appear when i create a new game.

Is verratti in it even though u just select english leagues?

can u change data base during a saved game?

any 1 now how to do it?

why doesn't the huge database work on win 7?......i followed the moves you sed but i doesn't appear when i create a new game.
Hmm... Go into Prefrences (Shift + P) > Display & Sound
Untick 'Use Skin Cache' and tick 'Reload Skin on Confirm'

That should do the trick.

can u change data base during a saved game?

any 1 now how to do it?
You cannot change database size in the middle of a game. You will have to start a new one.

OT: Is it just me or is the server face-bangingly slow today?

Last edited:
cheers mate does having a samll dat base mean that i wont get that many regens?

does it make that much differece