Hulk - Inside Forward or Striker?

malhar

Reaction score
Just wondering what people's experiences with Hulk are. And what his best position really is? Is it as an inside forward on the right wing or as a striker? Anyone who's had him before and can help..I would be really grateful :)

I had the most succes with him as a striker. He uses his shoot with power + shoot from distance ppm's more often as IF and they always miss...

hahaha, differing opinions, and I'm back to square one. guess im just going to have to tinker with it. thanks for the feedback though.

Spearhead of 3 strikers. Absolutely explosive. Games where he's scored 6 and 7 in one game, can't remember how many exactly I've gotten with him in the first season, but it averages more than 2 a game.

I played him as an IF on the Right wing and he still scored 30/40 even higher sometimes a season for me and played well enough to win World Player of the Year twice and the Ballon d'Or once so I'd go with that. Just means that as well as a striker scoring goals you have him too if he does as well for you as he did for me.

Depends a bit on what kind of tactic you're using or want - if you're thinking about a lone striker or in combination with a DLF or maybe running with three on top. Personally I've pretty much always had him as AMR IF and a backup striker. Just love when he just cuts inside from the flank, gets past a defender or two and then shoots - killing anything that gets in the way of the ball.

He's been a beast for me when I play him as a striker and a poacher, goal machine!

IMO hulk is best used as an AMR IF. Heres why...

At that position he generally provides me with 30 goals 20 assists a year. Combined with the 40+ goals from the Striker and another 15 from the AML that is a significant amount of goals from 3 players. IMO his talent is being wasted a bit as a poacher. Poachers are much easier to find than an AMR.

He and Douglas Costa are your best bet at the position imo for world class teams, and the list of poachers capable of getting 40 a year can be quite long in the right tactic.

thanks for the responses guys. Since i'm planning to use a 4-3-2-1, with 3 CMs, 2 wide players and a poacher, I'll play Hulk as an inside forward on the right. :D