Hull City 1-2 Stoke

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 624

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Stoke secure their Premier League status courtesy of a win over a Hull side whose relegation worries increase after the defeat.

More...

i think he means arsenal, as in the team he supports :-s

but im inclined to agree, i think hull boro and west brom will go down as much as it pains me to say it this result and newcastle beating us on monday will mean newcastle just escape

Let's hope so Sam :P. Lol nah I think whoever does win on Monday will just stay up, although what is Boro's goal difference like?

Hmm that could be a problem if you's do win on Monday. But obviously the mighty Toon will win so I dno what I'm worrying about :D lol

Im a liverpool fan and this result is a great help to liverpool XD

Lol, you may be thinking how the **** it is help to Liverpool.
But, Hull may well need a win in there last game to stay up.
Which is against Man U,
and tbh i believe that Hull will beat Man U.

So if Man City beat Man U tommorow and Hull beat UTD then liverpool win the league XD

i know its highly unlikely, but it isnt impossible

Lol do you seriously think if Man Utd needed to win to win the title and Hull needed to win to stay up that Utd would lose? Haha no chance mate.

Man Utd have never been put in the place where they need to win their last game to win the league.

Plus Hull have done it to other big teams earlier in the season, theres nothing stopping them from doing it again.

Man Utd have never been put in the place where they need to win their last game to win the league.

Pardon?

Try 94/95, 95/96 and 98/99 for a start, then throw in last year?

lol owned.

Well played to Stoke, there squad isnt the greatest and they didnt overspend.

hull aint won for 20 games or so now what makes you think they will just rise from the dead to take man utds premiership crown lol. you make me laugh besides hull wont go down anyway. Boro and nufc will draw monday and both loose there last 2 games which will mean they both go down with west brom.

Plus Hull have done it to other big teams earlier in the season, theres nothing stopping them from doing it again.

Mate, you gotta face the facts, Of course it aint impossible but have you seen hull lately? yes they did pull off some remarkable results at the start but after that they look completely clueless low morale, players seem to dislike phil brown since the half-time team talk on the pitch..

Man city on the other hand, Might have a chance to win but its a derby game man utd have to step the performance to win but if they draw they will probs win the premiership anyway.

Boro r gonna go down, mainly due to thier ***** manager. Southgate is ****, cant blieve theyve said their gonna keep him even if they go down. madness ?? i think so. Not too sure about newcastle losin their last 2 games either cuz theyve got us (villa) last game and the way were goin we'll end up finishin 6th !! It all went **** up!!!

Is it because he demanded to leave you to win a trophy? ;)

Joking.

Your not seeing the bigger picture.

Yes McClaren spent money, and won us a cup, got us into europe, got us to the final of the UEFA cup (and got hammered) it was a great time playing boring football but witnessing some of the best matches in my life (Basel, Steau, Bolton...)

Since Soutghate has came in, he finished 12th and 13th (our usual season) and has reached the FA cup semi's twice I think. He has also had to deal with losing the likes of Yakubu and Viduka and finding replacements for 20+ goals a season (he wasn't the only one who though Alves would score plenty in the league now was he, go on, admit it). A 20 goal a season striker isn't an easy thing to find (how many have scored 20+ this year?...

He inherited an ageing squad, on huge salaries (Mendieta 33+, on 40k a week for example. He has got rid of some deadwoord and ageing players on big wages (Mendieta, Boateng, Ehiogu, Parlour etc...) and has had to replace them on limited funds. He also made the bold decision to sell Young, but at 29 making a £4m profit in a year isn't too bad business especially in times of a recession.

Yes he has made mistakes; not replacing schwarzer, Alves was a mistake that not many would of predicted being this bad, thinking Wheater was ready to take over from Woodgate (who's head was turned anyway), Shawky, but he has been working on a ridiculously tight budget and was given strict instructions to reduce the wage budget...

This season hasn't gone right, for whatever reasons. If we go down at least Southgate has helped to ensure that we won't get in too big trouble from the loss in revenue and despite the poor season I am 100% behind Southgate staying at Boro next year regardless.

p.s. It also doesn't help when players are clearly not bothered about the club or the fans.

UTB.

Is it because he demanded to leave you to win a trophy? ;)

Joking.

Your not seeing the bigger picture.

Yes McClaren spent money, and won us a cup, got us into europe, got us to the final of the UEFA cup (and got hammered) it was a great time playing boring football but witnessing some of the best matches in my life (Basel, Steau, Bolton...)

Since Soutghate has came in, he finished 12th and 13th (our usual season) and has reached the FA cup semi's twice I think. He has also had to deal with losing the likes of Yakubu and Viduka and finding replacements for 20+ goals a season (he wasn't the only one who though Alves would score plenty in the league now was he, go on, admit it). A 20 goal a season striker isn't an easy thing to find (how many have scored 20+ this year?...

He inherited an ageing squad, on huge salaries (Mendieta 33+, on 40k a week for example. He has got rid of some deadwoord and ageing players on big wages (Mendieta, Boateng, Ehiogu, Parlour etc...) and has had to replace them on limited funds. He also made the bold decision to sell Young, but at 29 making a £4m profit in a year isn't too bad business especially in times of a recession.

Yes he has made mistakes; not replacing schwarzer, Alves was a mistake that not many would of predicted being this bad, thinking Wheater was ready to take over from Woodgate (who's head was turned anyway), Shawky, but he has been working on a ridiculously tight budget and was given strict instructions to reduce the wage budget...

This season hasn't gone right, for whatever reasons. If we go down at least Southgate has helped to ensure that we won't get in too big trouble from the loss in revenue and despite the poor season I am 100% behind Southgate staying at Boro next year regardless.

p.s. It also doesn't help when players are clearly not bothered about the club or the fans.

UTB.

I stand firmly put in my place. lol. And yes............... Its because he demanded to leave to win a trophy. lol

I've a lot of respect for Southgate, but his reliance on having to bring through youth players (as opposed to being allowed to bring them in gradually) has caught up with Boro this season I think. Lots of young lads under a lot of pressure and few senior players to show them the way.

Have time for Hull, Newcastle and Middlesbrough so wouldn't like to see any of them go down. But if I wanted one to stay up it would Hull, despite disliking Phil Brown intensely.

Lol. why the serious dislike of phil brown mate? Out of all three id rather see newcastle go down, plainly because their fans think their side are waay bigger and better than they actually are. If they stay up, i can just hear them now " Last season was just a blip, We'll b back up the top end this season!" Noooo, you wont, because ur a **** side with very very overpayed **** players. Uve lost the best thing about ur side and that was shay given !!

Back