Eric the Red

Reaction score
Alright, I'm Hull, it's transfer deadline day (Sept 2014), and I've gotten a big dilemma.

Basically, I can sign Lucas Romero and Dele Alli, if I sell Jelavic and Rosenior.
Romero and Alli are unquestionably better players, especially in the future, but I'm worried about the balance of my squad if I do sell Jelavic and Rosenior.

If they both go, I'll have just 2 strikers (Hernandez & Sagbo -with Ince and Snodgrass 'accomplished' & 'competent'), 2 right backs (Peruzzi & Elmo -retraining Chester), and 2 left backs (Robertson & Balanta -retraining Brady), is that enough for a Europa League + PL campaign with potential cup runs?
I'd also have 6 CM's- (Huddlestone, Livermore, Diame, Meyler, Romero & Alli) if I sign both Romero and Alli, which means Alli doesn't get much game time (loan him out perhaps?). Btw I have tried selling Meyler to no avail.

Alternatively, I could just get Alli, and keep Jelavic and Rosenior, and Alli gets game time.
Or should I sell both J&R, get Romero, and then find a cheap wonderkid striker?

DECISIONS :(

Any advice would be very very welcome :D
Thank you!

FYI, these are my transfers so far:

In:
Gino Peruzzi (5.5m), Eder Balanta (6.75m), Humam Tariq (250k), Pavel Savitsky (100k)

Out:
Stephen Quinn (1.9m), Sone Aluko (10.75m), Maynor Figueroa (1m), Paul McShane (1.8m)

If i was Hull ( im considering it) i would sign Denis Stracqualursi on a free id look at Adama Traore. Jesus Vallejo. Dele Alli. Alkbin Ekdal but i would keep Aluko hes quality. is Harry Maguire so poorly rated for you?

Unfortunately City grabbed Vallejo. Have been looking at Dele Alli a lot, but I think ultimately Romero will be better. Same for Ekdal, Romero just seems better.
Didn't realise Stracqualursi was on a free, so thank you for that. Traore is out of my budget unfortunately, but Maguire is rated 3.5 stars by my coaches, so hopefully has been upgraded since last year.
I've pinpointed Lucas Boye and Hervin Ongenda as my top wonderkid striker targets. I'll just have to see which one I can get!

You can get Traore for £1,3m for wonderkids look at wonderkids i posted about a young ST looks beastly :)

How you get on this season? Have a look at Diego Poyet hes a quality DLP and Enner Valencia OMG hes beastly 1st season 12 goals 12 assists!!

I thought I should update you all as to how it went.

So, I ended up having probably my craziest deadline day ever. I didn't buy Dele Alli, and I didn't even sell Rosenior or Jelavic in the end either! So, what I actually did was offload Elmohammady, Meyler, Bruce and Sagbo, and in their places brought in Kristoffer Ajer, Sergio Romero (transfer listed for 375k), Lucas Romero, and Lucas Boye. Absolutely crazy i know, but the new signings are bedding in well.

And thanks tommyd150, I will check Poyet out. I know he's good, hopefully can be like his dad!
The wonderkid you posted about, that would be Ponce, yeah?

Ye its Ponce. look at Pablo Sarabia aswell hes best player ive had on fm15 so far goals and assist machine. if you need a back up ST look at Denis Stracqualirsi scored 50 goals in 2seasons for me.