Hull fans riot after FRIENDLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they should rename that game to an 'Angry'?

Bud-dum psssh!

Seriously don't know how you got 6+ likes ;)

On Topic though, dear lord these fans are just ridiculous.

It has been blown completely out of prospective. It was a few idiots who had too much to drink spoiling it for everyone else. Last season I went to see Stevenage play Luton and the trouble was a lot worse. Fans throwing coins and objects at each other and not a word about it. The events that occured during the Chester Colywn Bay match weren't as near as bad as that, but the ploice decide to send a helicopter oO)
Superintendent Rob Kirman, of North Wales Police, said trouble started in Colwyn Bay town centre before the game.

“In view of the trouble in the town centre and the likelihood of a great number of people attending the game, a secure police operation had to be put in hand and I'm sure that this prevented even worse and more widespread problems,” he said.

thats why. in the stadium is bad enough, when its on the street, expect a big police response

Please don't comment on stories if you don't know the facts.
A couple of Chester fans had a fight in the stand and two people were placed in custody after an incident before the match after an ally of Stephen Vaughan (the ex chairman who destroyed Chester City) started mouthing off.
The North Wales Police then decided to send a ****** HELICOPTER to the ground after a small scuffle in the stands and a very small minority of fans causing trouble at the ground. The people causing trouble are not FANS of Chester FC and their behaviour was out of order. But to send a helicopter and tonnes of police to the ground over such a small incident and for the North Wales police to go about cancelling our friendlies, that is an absolute disgrasce.

Lock in at a pub vs full scale police riot control being triggered (tasers, batons and dogs used - 'hardcore' estimated at about 15-20 lads). Chester 125s youth wasn't it?

Not having a dig mate, horrid way for you lot to have a day to celebrate spoiled by idiots, just making the point that stuff tends to not be picked up on. You'll not see a front page exclusive on hooliganism if 125s and Frontline have a running battle from Sealand Road to Station Road.

Lock in at a pub vs full scale police riot control being triggered (tasers, batons and dogs used - 'hardcore' estimated at about 15-20 lads). Chester 125s youth wasn't it?

Not having a dig mate, horrid way for you lot to have a day to celebrate spoiled by idiots, just making the point that stuff tends to not be picked up on. You'll not see a front page exclusive on hooliganism if 125s and Frontline have a running battle from Sealand Road to Station Road.
Yeh its an awful start for the reformed club and for a few drunked idiots to spoil it for everyone is a disgrace. But I honestly don't believe things were as bad as the press have reported and for the police to decide to wreck our pre season plans by banning friendlies left right and centre isn't helping things. The trouble really escalated beacuse of the pressure on the stewards at Colwyn Bay. They aren't trained to deal with such a large number of fans. To solve problem put a police presence in the ground = no trouble = problem solved.

Well, I live in York and I live about 10-15 minutes away from where all this was going on, I was going to go down and watch the game but I had other things to do. It's a total disgrace, they messed up the City center before the game, and started beating people up after the game? What's the point really? Stupid ******* mugs.

On the bright side :) My mates got his first start for York in the first team.. Jamie Hopcutt :)

Yeh its an awful start for the reformed club and for a few drunked idiots to spoil it for everyone is a disgrace. But I honestly don't believe things were as bad as the press have reported and for the police to decide to wreck our pre season plans by banning friendlies left right and centre isn't helping things. The trouble really escalated beacuse of the pressure on the stewards at Colwyn Bay. They aren't trained to deal with such a large number of fans. To solve problem put a police presence in the ground = no trouble = problem solved.

Lot of the Welsh cancellations will be based on prior form though mate - North Wales officers are often drafted into Cheshire to help police matches there as well as handling Wrexham's matches. And places like Broughton would be a nightmare to try and police if there's any hint of the idiots returning to Chester matches, never mind if you lot continue to take 1500 odd fans to away friendlies to grounds which have never seen such numbers before :D

As I said, it wasn't a dig at the reformed club (I used to go to Chester - prior to the boycott being called - and Wrexham evening matches with my grandad when Liverpool were playing away) or its fans, just pointing out that this kind of thing isn't uncommon but tends not to get reported outside of the local media because it's done away from the tv cameras.

This thread has drifted a bit off topic :$

This whole thing is a joke though. I dont understand how you can fight over a friendly game.

Bud-dum psssh!

Seriously don't know how you got 6+ likes ;)

On Topic though, dear lord these fans are just ridiculous.

Don't hate the player, hate the game ;)

chelsea and palace fans were slating each other the other day abit i found that abit strange but then again it is still a london derby.

It happens, I saw some Newcastle fans trashing a pub in Carlisle after their friendly the other day, wankers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back