WhitleyBayFC

Reaction score
View attachment 342811 History – FC Ŭjpest are one of the oldest and most successful sides in Hungarian football. They have 20 league titles and 8 cups to their name. Their glory days were in the 1920’s and 1930’s as they dominated the league. European dominance never materialised and the furthest they reached was the 1969 Fairs Cup before they lost 6-2 on aggregate to Newcastle United. They won the league in every season from 1969 to 1976 and in these 7 seasons scored 500 goals and suffering defeat at home only 4 times in 10 seasons. Their last league title was in 1998/99 and although they are today one of the leading clubs in Hungary they still have little to show for it but with stable finances the future is looking good for FC Ŭjpest.
The Ferenc Szusza stadium named after one of the greatest Hungarian players who spent 19 years at Ŭjpest Dozsa and in that time scored 392 goals in 468 appearances. He also represented Hungary on 24 occasions, scoring 18 times. It is a modest ground in Budapest with a capacity of 13,501.
View attachment 342810
History – Over the years, Hungary have provided many notable players including Ferenc Puskas, Sandor Kocsis and Jozsef Bozsik. Their glory days came in the early 50’s through to the mid 60’s, England lost 6-3 to Hungary at Wembley in 1953 and then came over to Budapest where Hungary beat them 7-1 the following year. This coined the nickname ‘The Magnificent Magyars’. They have reached the World Cup final on 2 occasions although they lost both. They have also won the Olympic football tournament on 3 occasions.
More recently, they have struggled on the International scene and have not qualified for a major tournament since 1986. They have some talented youngsters coming through such as Adam Szalai, Balazs Dzsudzsak and Vladimir Koman; these players form a good balance with some more experienced players like Zoltan Gera and Roland Juhasz.

14th​ July 2012

FC Ŭjpest’s Belgian owner Roderick Duchatelet called a press conference today and announced that manager Marc Lelievre was stepping down to be assistant. It is viewed by many to be a gamble as unproven Englishman Sam Donovan has been appointed with immediate effect. He expressed his gratitude to Duchatelet for being given this opportunity to test himself. In a further surprising development the Hungarian FA has appointed Sam Donovan as national team manager. His task is to make Hungary competitive in the World Cup qualifier.
Speaking to the press via an interpreter Donovan had this to say “It has been a whirlwind 24 hours but I’m confident in my ability to handle the pressures of club and country football. I’m grateful for these opportunities and I look forward to try to emulate legends such as Gyula Kiss and Gusztav Sebes.

Why Újpest?:(( Ferencváros is the ONLY team in Hungary!!! :)

As a Newcastle fan, I couldn't decide who to be from Pecs, Újpest or Ferencváros and in the end I tossed a coin and it was Újpest. Hope you still follow the story to see how the national team progresses even if you don't care about your rivals haha.

July/August Update.

I quickly saw that the season began 2 weeks after my appointment, the league season began. Only one friendly was arranged and I declined the option of playing my reserves. The friendly was against a local non-league team and we despatched them 3-0 with a hat-trick from Petar Kebat who is 36 and unlikely to have a big role to play in my team this season.

The first game of the season was away to Kecskemet and despite having several clear cut opportunities we struggled to a 1-1 draw. It was disappointing as we were the better team but didn’t take our chances. Our 2nd​ game of the season saw us win a very convincing game 1-0 against Eger who put players behind the ball and made it difficult for us but we got the goal through Bruno Moraes. Our first derby of the season saw us make the trip across the city to play Honved and this was the first even game of the season. We drew 0-0 and both sides had chances; it’s beginning to worry me that we don’t take our chances which are something I’ll be focusing on in training. A completely spineless performance saw us lose 2-0 away to Gyor who from the beginning to the end was better than us. We got back to winning ways by defeating Haladas 3-0, it was a pleasing performance and the pick-me-up we needed from the Gyor game. Mohamed Remili, Bruno Moraes and Akos Buzsaky grabbed the goals. Our final game of the month saw our bitter rivals Ferencvaros come across and left on the end of a 4-1 hiding. Remili, Moraes (2) and Naim Aarab grabbed the goals after we had slipped behind. Due to the draws, we’re sat 5th​ in the league but hopefully we can improve in the months to come.

Transfers

Akos Buzsaky, Imre Csermelyi and Gergo Nagy joined on free transfers. Outgoing Daniel Kovacs joined Vasas on a free transfer whilst Balazs Banai joined Veszprem and Robert Litauszki joined Soproni VSE on loan deals.

On the international front, Ascoli striker Robert Feczesin scored the only goal on the break as Hungary beat Bulgaria in Sofia. In our first World Cup qualifier we squandered a 2-0 lead in Romania and ended up holding on to a draw. Goals from Imre Szabics and Krisztian Vadocs had seen us looking good. 4 days later we hosted Andorra and our dominance paid off as we ran out deserved 4-1 winners with goals from Roland Juhasz, Peter Kovacs, Krisztian Vadocs and Adam Szalai. We are sitting top of the group at the moment!

Good job mate! I ll follow u:) u should try to sign the Bobal twins from Honved, Gergely Bobal and David Bobal! They have potential!! And good luck, I'm an Ujpest fan!!

From Honved, Debrecen/i is an absolute beast in the legue alongside a 17 year old striker they have Vernes i think

Take a look :)

I'm following m8! Glad to see a Newastle fan playing with Hungarian team :)

September Update
We had a busy month with 6 games to fit into the space of the month. There was pressure taken off with the 3 cup games being played. Our first 2 games of the month were against Eger and Debrecen in the cup and with some key players rested we won 2-0 at home against Eger with goals from Imre Csermelyi and Akos Buzsaky. We then played away to Debrecen and produced possibly our best performance of the season and registered a 4-2 win admittedly against a side with 10men for 69minutes. Goals from Akos Buzsaky, Gregory Christ, Bruno Moraes and Mohamed Remili bagging the goals.
Next up was Lombard Papa and we made the trip there in good spirits. However, despite another game where we had more chances we could only muster a 1-1 draw with Bruno Moraes finishing off a good team move. We continued our roadtrip to Pecs and gained a valuable 2-1 win which sent us to the top of the table. Goals from Remili and Moraes saw us take the points. Moraes is becoming a valuable member of the team and is scoring the goals on a more freely basis. We travelled to part timers Mako in the 3rd​ round of the Hungarian Cup and even selecting a weaker starting 11, I was sure of victory, unfortunately my fringe players didn’t step up and it took penalties. Filip Stanisavljevic pulling us level before half-time.
Our final game of the month was at home (at last) against Paks and despite being down to 10 men from the 71st​ minute we kept fighting and deservedly grabbed the winner through Chema Anton in the 89th​ minute. This kept us at the top of the league and preserved our 8 match unbeaten run in all competitions.

Player of the Month
It was a tough decision but his goals were valuable and averaging 7.2 from his 5 games, it is Bruno Moraes. He is leading the scoring charts not only for me but also for Hungary with 7 goals in 11 games.

National Update
In my eagerness to tell you all of my success, I put the games against Romania and Andorra in the July and August update instead of this!

Good job mate! I ll follow u:) u should try to sign the Bobal twins from Honved, Gergely Bobal and David Bobal! They have potential!! And good luck, I'm an Ujpest fan!!
Thanks mate. Going to have these scouted and try to free up some funds in January for them.

From Honved, Debrecen/i is an absolute beast in the legue alongside a 17 year old striker they have Vernes i think

Take a look :)
Hi mate, he also looks like a promising prospect. Like the Bobal twins, I'll get these scouted! Cheers

This looks interesting, will be following. A few suggestions, putting in some screenshots of the league at the end of the month? And break down the block of text into individual matches, much nicer to read than a block of text.

This looks interesting, will be following. A few suggestions, putting in some screenshots of the league at the end of the month? And break down the block of text into individual matches, much nicer to read than a block of text.

Thanks for your advice mate! I'm just about to write up my October review so will make these slight changes!

October Update
Ujpest 1 - 1 Diosgyor – League
This was one of our first games where we were under pressure right from the off and could count ourselves fortunate to come away with a draw. We took the lead through Imre Csermelyi and then were hanging on until Diosgyor equalised with 20minutes to play.

Ujpest 0 - 0 Diosgyor – League Cup Group E
In a quirk of fate, we had Diosgyor again a few days later in the cup and with a few changes we had a better performance. However, problems from the beginning crept in again here; 24 shots with 6 on target to their 1 shot and none on target.

Eger 2 – 3 Ujpest – League Cup Group E
A classic game of two halves here; cruising 2-0 up at half time through Zoltan Pollak and Petar Kebat and had dominated the game. However, we sat back in the 2nd​ half and this allowed Eger to pull level in the 84th​ minute even after going down to 10 men. Our never say die attitude though saw us score the winning goal in the 87th​ minute through Naim Aarab.

Ujpest 2 – 0 Kaposvar – League
We secured another straight forward victory with goals from Filip Stanisavljevic and Bruno Moraes. Not too much to say about this game.

Ujpest 2 – 0 MTK Hungaria – League
The game was wrapped up by half time as we were 2-0 up through Zoltan Szelesi and Bruno Moraes. The only incident of note was Dusan Vasiljevic going off injured.

Palhalma 1 – 2 Ujpest – Hungarian Cup 4th​ Round
We’ve been fortunate in playing lower league teams but they are making us struggle when even with fringe players we should triumph comfortably. Petar Kabat and Tamas Rubus scored the goals before Palhalma scored a consolation towards the end of the game. We picked up another injury as Zoltan Szelesi hobbled off.

Player of the Month – Akos Buszaky who has supplied 2 assists and came out with an average of 7.6 from his 5 games this month. Not quite enough to earn a recall to the National side though.

International Update
Estonia 1 – 2 Hungary – World Cup Qualifier – Group 4
We edged possession and in the end shaded a close game which could have gone either way. We fell behind in the first half, as a defensive lapse cost us dearly. In the second half we responded and equalised through Gergely Rudolf and then in the 90th​ minute we grabbed a winner through Vilmos Vanczak. Tamas Kadar limped off and misses the game against Holland in 4 days.

Hungary 2 – 1 Holland – World Cup Qualifier – Group 4
I’m still pinching myself after this result. We had only 42% of the ball but created the clear cut chances and took them through Balazs Dzsudzsak and Nemanja Nikolic who scored his first International goal and what a game to do it. Luciano Narsingh replied for Holland in between our goals. Krsiztian Vadocz limped off.

We also rose to 26th​ in the world rankings! View attachment 343049View attachment 343050View attachment 343051

November Update

A busy month saw us play 7 games and rather disappointingly we only won 3.

Siofok 0 – 2 Ujpest - League

We travelled to the team bottom of the league and deservedly left with the points in the bag. An even game was ultimately decided by veteran striker Peter Kebat with goals either side of half time.

Videoton 3 - 3 Ujpest - League

We travelled to our nearest challengers and they provided our sternest test. We found ourselves a goal behind after only 4 minutes, before Bruno Moraes equalised midway through the half. A short burst just after half-time allowed Videoton to take a commanding 3-1 lead. Bruno Moraes then got his second of the game and this was followed by a fine goal by Akos Buzsaky.

Diosgyor 0 – 0 Ujpest – League Cup Group E

Another strange game where we completely dominated from the off, ultimately though we couldn’t finish.

Ujpest 2 – 1 Debrecen - League

The month of even games continued with this one. Falling behind was going to be a test of character and we responded immediately as Bruno Moraes drew us level before clinching the winner on the stroke of half-time.

Csepel 1 – 0 Ujpest – Hungarian Cup 5th​ Round 1st​ Leg

Football Manager never fails to amaze; a game where we had 16 shots on target and somehow failed to score would have been bad enough. However, to concede in the 91st​ minute to a penalty to their only shot on target is devastating.

Ujpest 3 -0 Kecskemet – League

It was nice to get back to winning ways in this game. A double from Bruno Moraes and a goal from Mohamed Remili gave us the points. Remili’s goal was voted 3rd​ in the Hungarian goal of the month.

Ujpest 2 – 2 Debrecen – League Cup Group E

Approaching this game, knowing that avoiding defeat would guarantee passage to the next round, I took the opportunity to rest some key players. Debrecen took an early lead (again) before goals from Dusan Vasiljevic and Bruno Moraes put us ahead before Debrecen equalised early in the second half.

Player of the Month
– Bruno Moraes who put in fantastic performance and returned with 7 goals from his 4 games.

I'm from Csepel so i'm happy a little bit sry :( :D

December Update
This will be the last update for a while as I need to get through the Winter break which lasts until mid-February. We got two games played in December; both at home, against Honved in the league and Csepel in the 2nd​ leg of the cup.

Ujpest 2 – 0 Honved
Honved travelled across the city to play and left with a 2-0 defeat. Chema Anton and Dusan Vasiljevic scored the goals in a comprehensive win but it was soured by Akos Buzsaky picking up an injury.

Ujpest 4 – 0 Csepel
Csaepel travelled to Budapest looking to defend a slender 1-0 lead, however they found themselves on a thumping. Bruno Moraes grabbed a brace along with goals from Dusan Vasiljevic and Krisztian Simon.

Player of the Month – Dusan Vasiljevic. The versatile Serb showed his class by grabbing some important goals and was impressive in both games.

International Update
Again, apologies for a missed International update. We drew 1-1 away to Belarus but I took the opportunity to try an old formation and went for 3-2-3-2 as used by the Hungary side of the 60’s. Laszlo Koteles (GK) and Marko Futacs (ST) both made their debuts. Robert Feczesin scored and we were hanging on until Belarus equalised with 5 minutes to play.

Im big Újpest fan, and playing with them also, gogo, lets see more from you:)