Glenhye

Reaction score
Hello! Its my first time sharing a tactic, and Im no computer expert in any way, so I wont be making all kinds of crazy pictures, statistics or anything.

I will however tell whatever I think is relevant. As the title says its a "4-2-2-2" not sure what else to call it.

The 4 in the back are with 2 normal central defenders and 2 complete wingbacks on support.

Central midfielders are a ballwinning on support and a DLP on support. out on "the wings" there are 2 advanced playmakers on attack.

Im using a Right footed player on left side and Left footed player on right side.

Last but not least we have a Target Man on attack and a Complete Forward on support.

For individual training I just train their roles and whatever stat I feel they're a bit short on.

General Training: Balanced on Average. ----- Match Prep: Attacking Movement. Allow rest after match, and not before match.

OIs is up to the AssMan.

In most away games I switch the mentality to Counter. Even against semi good teams and low teams thats been giving me better results. ( if switching to counter doesnt work for you against the smaller teams try staying on Control )

Ive won 2-4 trophies each season.

I havent tested with low teams, and this might be **** for you and it might just be another "big teams tactic".
I dont really care, cause Ive been trying many other tactics on here and havent gotten them to work. (appreciate everyones work and sharing though ofc). Just saying this is my effort and my contribution.

Any question feel free to ask.

View attachment 176747

Hye4-2-2-2_C5180AF2-4136-4313-B7D8-46C6F586ECB0

Last edited:
Well, if you are unsure about what to call the formation, a screenshot of it may help :)

Well, if you are unsure about what to call the formation, a screenshot of it may help :)

Already said I wouldnt/couldnt. Im not that great on computers. The discription though should give you an idea.

Well in FM16, Alt+F9 takes a screenshot which should be saved(by the game default) in Document>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2016>Screenshots.

Find the file you want in the folder, copy it to your desktop(not a nessesary thing, just easier to work with).

Use the insert image button(3rd button from the right in a quick reply) to insert the image situated on your desktop.

Hope it helps, as I kinda know ppl asks for screens on this forum :)

Well in FM16, Alt+F9 takes a screenshot which should be saved(by the game default) in Document>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2016>Screenshots.

Find the file you want in the folder, copy it to your desktop(not a nessesary thing, just easier to work with).

Use the insert image button(3rd button from the right in a quick reply) to insert the image situated on your desktop.

Hope it helps, as I kinda know ppl asks for screens on this forum :)

Thanks. I'll give it a go.

White Europe was quickest with a screenshot, was too slow my self xD

The tactic it self looks interesting - gotta find some time to test it, 2 strikes and no F9s in sight :D allmost screaming for a LLM save :)

Yea sorry, a bit slow to upload screen myself, but its there now.

I do agree the tactic does concede a fair amount of goals but Id rather win 4-2 than 2-0 xD but thats just me.

And a LLM save started, Jaen in the Spanish Second division B4 :)

Oh might be worth mentioning that Im using a Right footed player on left side and Left footed on right side.

almost fluid so dont think is that :/

Aww too bad :/ Since you're playing man utd, I would recommend you buying Harry Kane and use as Target Man and use Martial as Complete Forward. I use those 2 mainly.

Last edited:
Aww too bad :/ Since you're playing man utd, I would recommend you buying Harry Kane and use as Target Man and use Martial as Complete Forward. I use those 2 mainly.
i have many strikers embolo martial barbosa berardi and i have callleri Wilson and milik out on loan just beat palace 4-1 in second at home im not worry about home games but on away i also struggle in away an pretty anoying there should be so big different from home games and away games .

Do you switch to Counter when playing away or do you stay on Control?

Do you switch to Counter when playing away or do you stay on Control?

just play my first away match won 2-1 with late goal in 92 min to 2-1 . and i forgot to change it to counter so i play it in control try counter next away macth.