I am interested

Gaz1984

Reaction score
to find out what you people think.

of the massive transfer fees that are about in todays world of football.

I find it rather disgusting that there is so much money in the game and money = silverware.

I, as I assume many of you guys plow money into myy football team.

But today when SSN stated that Chelski had bid 73.5m pounds for Kaka.

It made me re-think.

Unless a club has a billionaire owner they will struggle to acheive any glory.

As an Everton fan we are happy to finish 5th. Why? because we dont (as many other clubs have the financial capaticy to compete.

Surly football a sport? is now unfair and not a sport that warrants my money for a fact.

I ask my self what is the point in paying for my tickets and shirts year in year out when all we are doing is settling for 5th.

Fact is

We need cap transfer fees and allow the league and cups to be competed by more than 4 teams and bring back that competive edge to football when teams like Villa, Everton, Spurs can not just finish in the top 4 but win the league.

Just take a look at Rugby a game with good structure and the result is never a forgone conclusion.

Also they have video ref - which if this amount of money has to in the game then it should have be implemented already.

Thanks for reaading my moan

a few years ago i would have said no but as a villa fan i have to agree now, us and everton are run as self sufficient clubs with little debt. as a villa fan we know to have any hope of building on our success of recent years we have to risk crippling our club now with city pompey and any other arab owned club we cant even keep our best players it cant be allowed to continue
good luck for next season kid two real clubs villa and toffees but prob wont be battlin 4 5th next year

Wrong area, but whatever.

I have to agree with the fact that the money that goes into Football is sheer insanity and footballers don't deserve that kind of money. That's my issue with modern Football.

a few years ago i would have said no but as a villa fan i have to agree now, us and everton are run as self sufficient clubs with little debt. as a villa fan we know to have any hope of building on our success of recent years we have to risk crippling our club now with city pompey and any other arab owned club we cant even keep our best players it cant be allowed to continue
good luck for next season kid two real clubs villa and toffees but prob wont be battlin 4 5th next year

Lets hope so.

I was gutted for your boys yesterday when Barry went - Hope Arteta & Lescott don't follow suit.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Wrong area, but whatever.

I have to agree with the fact that the money that goes into Football is sheer insanity and footballers don't deserve that kind of money. That's my issue with modern Football.

Football should get an education so then they can't say ' well its a short career''

If they are educated as rugby players, they will have a life after football

Look, if you think you guys have it hard... in the EPL you all get £50 million a year through tv revenue...

But in Scotland we get about £1 million... (partly to do with the small teams punt the ball up the park mentality...)

Celtic who are one of the big two literally only has about £1.5 million to spend this summer.

Celtic need a completely new squad other than McGeady, McDonald, Boruc and Brown but there is talk that 2 of those 4 are leaving...

Now think about how the smaller teams like Falkirk feel...

I kind of agree with you. Seems like almost all the premiership owners are big billionare's these days so who does well? What happens when they leave aswell?

But to be fair Italy had it's spell of big spending in the 90's Crespo costing like 30m im sure Buffon cost about 20m Vieri cost a good 35m im sure.

+ Real Madrid have a few big names as it is.

Man City and there offering 500k a week wages is a joke but if it's not against the rules then fair do's.

Wage capping should be put in place, would make things a **** of alot more interesting i think.

Fact St Mirren last season made little over 100k and isn't expected to do anything but the fans week in week out come in force to watch there club.

Look, if you think you guys have it hard... in the EPL you all get £50 million a year through tv revenue...

But in Scotland we get about £1 million... (partly to do with the small teams punt the ball up the park mentality...)

Celtic who are one of the big two literally only has about £1.5 million to spend this summer.

Celtic need a completely new squad other than McGeady, McDonald, Boruc and Brown but there is talk that 2 of those 4 are leaving...

Now think about how the smaller teams like Falkirk feel...

This is my point - stupid - its not fair. All the best players in the world come here for £££££ and 3 of the 4 qf in the CL were english. DAFT, It has to change

To be honest, I would still love to see Kaka make the move to Britain because then we get to see him more often... lol and Kaka will be able to prove he is still one of the 3 massive contenders for football of the year... While if he stays with AC he won't get anywhere because he is in a rank team...

Same with Pato... would like to see him in Britain too...

I kind of agree with you. Seems like almost all the premiership owners are big billionare's these days so who does well? What happens when they leave aswell?

But to be fair Italy had it's spell of big spending in the 90's Crespo costing like 30m im sure Buffon cost about 20m Vieri cost a good 35m im sure.

+ Real Madrid have a few big names as it is.

Man City and there offering 500k a week wages is a joke but if it's not against the rules then fair do's.

Wage capping should be put in place, would make things a **** of alot more interesting i think.

Think Buffon was 34m from Parma to Juve.

adding to this my source from Goodison Park suggest that Lescott is the next Man City target.

Fee 20m.

Hence Joey and Jags signing new deals.

Wheater to replace Lescott.

I am informed

i don't want a wage cap. rugby is **** so why use that as a model.

I can respect that for fans outside of the top 4 it must be very annoying. I don't agree with the huge silly fees that are now heading above the £30m's.

I enjoy all football and loved watching Barca this season, even when they taught my United a lesson:(. No one talks of all the money that Barca spent in the summer before this Brilliant treble. £102M, although they brought in more than half of that as well.

On Everton, Villa and Spurs. Spurs spent buckets of money last year, Villa spent their fair share too. It was only really Everton who didn't spend heavily, although Fellanini cost £15m...that could of been spent on two rather than one.

You can't impose a wage/ transfer cap solely on the Premiership, or we would fall behind the other European clubs.

In this day and age, when many work long hours to support a family and are in constant fear of losing our jobs due to the finance crisis, the amount of money players are being paid is a joke! Thats without the many millions changing hands for players. It is becoming increasingly hard for average people to but tickets to see thir teams because the season ticket prices are being ramped to keep the team going. I makes me sick to think of teams, like Southampton, getting near to total financial wipeout! The FA should cap wages and transfer fees, not based on a percentage of each teams revenue, but to a set amount to make sure all teams are playing on an even field, if you'll excuse the term.

I think another problem with the having alot of money is that teams dont invest in youth and just bring in foreign players on big money.

The reason foreign players are bought is because they are better technically than English and that they cost a lot less. The FA or Premiership is supposidly building boarding schools up and down the country where the best of the best youth players can be nurtured whilst learning.

Downside for the smaller clubs is that this system will allow club to get around the 90 minute rule for youth players.

well money is the major hurdle between everton and top 4, I think its gotten out of hand

well money is the major hurdle between everton and top 4, I think its gotten out of hand

Silly hey??

Lets make sure we finish 4th next year

Nani on loan
Owen Free
Ledley
Mountino

The vast majority of Liverpool and Manchester United's debt comes from the way in which the Yanks bought the clubs. Their actual spending is well within the money they take in. Arsenal's debt comes from building a new stadium, which is fair enough really. Chelsea's debt is basically owed to their owner and is only different from most other clubs in its size and not in the way it was done.

So really, the question is about how the money is getting divided. For that, clubs like Everton and Aston Villa can blame their chairmen for agreeing to the Premier League. Prior to that 50% of the money every club in the English top division was spread around all the other clubs in the league. Half of all gate receipts went to the visiting team. The Premier League stopped all that which allowed the larger clubs to get larger. Manchester United capitalised best by becoming a PLC and raising the money that way to buy a lot of expensive players but also invested in their stadium (it helped that Old Trafford is not next to a load of houses and so could be expanded relatively easily). The downside is demonstrated by the spectacular implosion of a club like Leeds which went from league champions to league 2 in the space of decade or so.

It's a bit rich for any club in the Premier League to complain about the finances of the top 4 - 60 out of 72 clubs in the rest of the league have been into administration at least once since the Premier League started. Everton in particular have suffered because they've been broke for years and badly run for decades financially (not a dig, as I'd say we've been badly run financially for about 20 years too).

If you're not happy about how much money is available to football clubs - stop supporting them financially. Stop buying the Sky subscriptions, stop buying the merchandise, refuse to pay silly money for match tickets. If the Chelsea owner wants to spend his money on Kaka, then surely that's his choice? The market will determine prices for players and their wages. They get what the people who employ them think they are worth - if it's too much, then ultimately the club suffers and that's the karma. Ask Newcastle fans.

Silly hey??

Lets make sure we finish 4th next year

Nani on loan
Owen Free
Ledley
Mountino

Not being funny but you talk about spending silly money. For this lot you are lookin.

Ledley £4-6m
Moutinho £12-16m
Nani (A nice little loan fee)
Owen (Free but not likely to take a serious pay cut)

This thread starts with the top 4 spending and they pulling away from the rest. If Spurs, Villa, Everton, Man Citeh, Portsmouth and Sunderland spend the money being quoted then what about all the other sides?

It is never ending to be honest.