stourbridge

Reaction score
Hopefully by the end of this story I will be a Legend! (H)

I will be aiming to beat Sir Alex to the No1 spot in the Hall of Fame...
I have never done this before...
I will be using lfcs marshalls summer 2012 update to start and will be starting UNEMPLOYED and SUNDAY LEAGUE EXP!

To gain this I will be loading leagues from,,England,France,Germany,Holland,Italy,Spain,Portugal,Turkey,Brazil and Argentina to start. These may change as I progress I may add and remove leagues. I dont know how the game will go, whether I will be a one team man or travel the world or be a slave to the highest bidder.... I will post updates as often as possible.... I hope you will enjoy the journey with me...

This is my story.... This is my life in Football Management....
|)

OCTOBER 2011

Marsh is in!

View attachment 305748

Yes Marsh is in at San Marino!
With a media prediction of 4th yet sitting well down the table Marsh is going to have a fight on is hands to get anywhere near that this season.

View attachment 305749

Having no insight in Italian lower league football Marsh has said he wont be looking to make many changes to backroom staff if any!
How will Marsh do? Watch this space.........

OCTOBER 2011
San Marino 2-2 Santarcanlego
Marsh has not had the best of starts as the new manager of San Marino

NOVEMBER 2011
Marsh saw his men lose the next three games 0-2 0-3 and 2-3
Marsh saw fit to make changes firing the assistant manager and promoting two youth coaches to coach
San Marino then went on a three match unbeaten run but drawing all three 2-2 2-2 1-1
View attachment 305835Marsh is looking at bringing in another coach and is searching the market for some quality to boost his side

View attachment 305832

Marsh is sure he will turn things around, stating the team needs time to get to know him, how the tactics work and Marsh needs to get to know the squad

Will the month of December see an upturn in the fortunes of San Marino....

DECEMBER 2011

View attachment 305930

Marsh gets his side firing, winning the first two games but then slumps to a humbling defeat in the next game.

He then goes looking for new players bringing in no less than 7 new players, all youngsters, all on free transfers.

View attachment 305937

Marsh also feel he needs backroom staff, but after three appointments he is struggling to get a third due to not being able to afford their wages.

View attachment 305939

Questions are starting to asked as to whether Marsh has what it takes. Has he made the wrong choice by going to a country he has no past in.......

​In other news, after all his years of service Sir Alex is having one bad year, Man Utd are sitting in 12th and his position is under review......

JANUARY 2012

San Marino form still hit and miss...

View attachment 306204

Having played 4 winning 2 and losing 2 Marsh i still looking for the right balance.

View attachment 306205

San Marino are going to have to start putting together a run of decent form to save themselves from the drop. Marsh is under pressure as well, his contract is only until the end of the season, as things stand we dont see San Marino to keen on offerring a new deal. Marsh is looking to this player who he signed on a free to carry on his good form and hopes the team will start performing to the same standard!

View attachment 306206

BREAKING NEWS

View attachment 306209

Marsh steps down as San Marino boss.
After only a little over three months into his managerial life Marsh has stood down as San Marino boss, in an interview with local press he stated 'he would like to thank the San Marino board, players and fans for giving him his first post. He has enjoyed being at the club, but felt that it was clear his way of football was not getting the team anywhere. With just 12 games remaining he wanted someone to come and save the team from relegation.'

Marsh took control of 16 games, winning just 4, drawing 6 and losing 6.
He feels that he may need to manage in his own country for a while to build his knowledge, before managing a team aboard again.
Will anyone be willing to take a risk of giving Marsh a job though? Stay tuned to find out......

good luck mate I'll be checking your posts

BREAKING NEWS

View attachment 306295

Yes Marsh is back in management, he has taken the job at Southport. They have been playing their football in the Blue Square Bet Premier, however they have just been relegated. This means they will be playing under Marsh in either the Blue Square Bet North or South next season.

View attachment 306296

View attachment 306297

Marsh is hoping to be able to get the team straight back up, he feels being put in charge right at the end of the season he will be able to build his squad to his liking and has plenty of time for them to get used to playing his style. His first job will be to sort the current contract situation out, as many of the players contracts ending in may.

View attachment 306298

Will Marsh last longer than three months in this job? Will Marsh be able to get Southport straight back up?

SUMMER 2012 UPDATE

News .... Portugal win the European Championship
View attachment 306484

Wenger steps down as Arsenal manager to start a new adventure with France. Rafa takes the Udinese hot seat

Marsh has been set his season expectations
View attachment 306485

The board dont seem to be wanting more than possible according to the media, as title odds are that Darlington are evens to win the title, with Southport 6-2!
Marsh is wondering how he can make this work due to all players and staff are on part-time contracts, so he goes to work changing the look of the team.

View attachment 306495

With no players in yet Southport are a little thin on the ground having only 17 first team players. Marsh is looking to add though. He also asked the board to increase the number of coaches allowed to his surprise they did! Went from 1 to 4 coaches allowed, so Marsh has allowed his assistant to leave along with the coach and a scout. Southport are allowed to have 4 coaches 1 physio and 2 scouts.
Marsh has put some of his own team in place to fill the gaps, most surprising was that the great Sol Campbell applied to join as coach and to everyones joy he did for a bargain of just £275 a week!

View attachment 306496

Southport have got to work hard in pre-season as the games will come thick and fast in this league. Marsh will be looking for a new assistant as well as looking to add a couple of players.

View attachment 306497

ha ha ha , what the **** with Ukraine?

Good luck with next season

PRE-SEASON

View attachment 306736

Pre-season was a very pleasing time indeed for Southport and Marsh. Marsh feels that the best reults came against Bristol and Rochdale, both teams are now two leagues above us, so to win one anf fraw the other when they put out strong side was a great boost. Rochdale are our parent club, only benefit we get is keeping gates from the game. The board however have lined up with Blackpool for another parent club, Blackpool got promoted to the Premier League last season, in this link Blackpool can send players on loan to us, without us having to worry about wages however we have not had one yet!

KEY MEN

View attachment 306737 View attachment 306738

During pre0season these two lads did very well, aall my team played well but these two look lie they going to be pivotal to my season. The worst though is that as you may see Smith got injured on the last game of friendlies and is now out for 4-5 weeks!

OTHER NEWS
View attachment 306739

So lets get this party started and see how Marsh and Southport get on in the opening month of the season....

AUGUST 2012

P4 W2 L2

The season is about to get under way and Marsh had just lost his main striker for 4-5 weeks so Marsh brings in this lad on a season long loan from York City, no fee no wages..

View attachment 307052

The results are as follows in order
View attachment 307053 View attachment 307054 View attachment 307055 View attachment 307056

As you can see Southport seem very good at home but havent found the same form away from home just yet. Should have got a point in the game at Worcester hitting the woodwork 4 times!!

Star Man in the first 4 games has to be JAMIE REED what a find, as luck would have it, my other quality striker is back a week early, so will be good to see if they can form a partnership up front.....

View attachment 307057

SEPTEMBER 2012

P6 W4 D2

A good solid month for Southport, also winning in the FA Cup 2nd Rnd Qual
However in the last three games I have lost my two right backs, and now my left back. My CM who is playing out of his skin has missed a couple of games and as you will see I think that is the reason i slipped up a couple of times.

View attachment 307346 View attachment 307347 View attachment 307348 View attachment 307349 View attachment 307350

View attachment 307351

These great results have left us top of the table at the end of September.

View attachment 307361

FA CUP 2nd Rnd Qual
View attachment 307353

All in all not a bad month

STAR MAN

View attachment 307354

Really missed this kid in the middle of the park in the two games that i dropped points, so this month he gets my vote.

BREAKING NEWS

Marsh denies wanting out! Southports current manager has taken time out from training to talk to the press, this is due to the Portsmouth job becoming available.
Marsh is quoted as saying "there is no truth in the story at the moment, yes Portsmouth are a great side who have been struggling in recent years and finding themselves sitting in 19th in League 2 is not what the fans or board want. If Portsmouth feel I am the man who can turn things around then I will have a choice to make, managing at a higher is what I want but I am happy here at Southport and I am working well with everyone from the top to the bottom at this club".

Will Marsh be at Haig Avenue much longer .......

OCTOBER 2012

P4 W3 L1

What a month for Marsh and Southport.
Marsh was strongly linked with vacant Portsmouth job but denied any interest and the Portsmouth board must have taken this as a no go, they appointed Phil Robinson as their new man. The results went well for Southport until the last match in the league, Marsh made some changes to his front and paid the price.
Southport were also knocked out of the FA Cup...

League Games
View attachment 307622 View attachment 307623 View attachment 307624 View attachment 307625

FA CUP
View attachment 307626

Losing in the FA Cup was a big shock lost to a team who we had already beaten and losing in the league was our first defeat in the league for ten games!

​STAR MAN Has to be again Jamie Reed, without his scoring up front i think we would struggle a lot of the time.

NOVEMBER 2012

P5 W2 D2 L1

View attachment 309048 View attachment 309049 View attachment 309050 View attachment 309051

View attachment 309052

Southports hit and miss form returns this month. Due to the slip in form Marsh has seen his side overtaken at the top of the table and now is losing ground to them as well!

View attachment 309055

STAR MAN Again it has to be Jamie Reed just look at his form over the last 5 games when everyone else has been struggling he has been wonderful

View attachment 309056

DECEMBER 2012

P3 W2 L1

View attachment 310760 View attachment 310763 View attachment 310764

This month saw the start of the FA Trophy so the league games were only few. An ok month for Southport.

FA TROPHY
View attachment 310765 View attachment 310766 View attachment 310769

Southport are much in need of money, currently
£100,000 in debt but wage bill well under allocation, they need to get promoted as soon as possible.

View attachment 310770

There was no real Star Man this month as apart from the one victory in the FA Trophy, the team as a whole played fairly poorly.

Other News
Messi wins both ballon d'or and World Player of the Year.

JANUARY 2013

P6 W4 D1 L1

It has been another ok month for Marsh and his boys. Nothing fantastic but enough to keep the pressure on the team above.

This month did see Marsh serve hi first touchline ban though. He slated a ref in the game that they lost after he disallowed a goal to stand, this didnt go down well the FA or the board!

Marsh continues to be linked with different teams, the latest is Roda Fc currently in the Eredivisie. Marsh has said that he will only take these teams seriously if they make a formal offer. He went onto say that taking the Roda hot seat would be a step up in the management rung, but for now he is 100% Southport.

Marsh has not been offered an extension on his current contract, and the feelings are the board are waiting until the end of the season to offer Marsh one.

FA Trophy
Marsh has guided his team through to the 3rd Rnd and has drawn a home game against Hyde. Marsh is hoping for a run in the cup to help boost funds for the club.

FEBRUARY 2013

P4 W3 L1

The league went well again this month for Southport however they keep dropping silly points and losing games which they should walk really! Marsh believes this is due to over confidence, they go on a run of not losing then take the foot off the pedal and get beat by a lower side.

View attachment 310893

FA Trophy
Another victory in the FA Trophy, Southport are now into the 4th Rnd and playing at home to Lincoln City, Marsh did hope that this run in the cup would increase funds, however only getting £8k for winning a game isnt much, plus the crowds just arent turning up to watch.

View attachment 310894

The rest of the season looks like a battle between Southport and Stalybridge for the title.

Star Man
View attachment 310903

Jamie Reed is turning out to be a great player for Southport scoring 9 goals in just 5 games over the last 5 starts! Marsh is looking into the chances of bringing Reed to the Haig ground again next season!

MARCH 2013

P4 W2 D1 L1

View attachment 311004

A fairly good month for Southport staying in touch with the league leaders with a game in hand due to Southport playing in the FA Trophy.

View attachment 311005

FA Trophy
Southport got themselves into the semi-finals of the cup but had a tough game over two legs to beat Wrexham. It was the team currently in 12th in the BSP who came out as winners the score being 5-4 on agg. But marsh was happy with his players efforts.

There still looks like no offer for a new contract for Marsh until the season is over. Marsh has been going through his squad and trying to get his best players to sign on for another year, some have although there are many who have not and these are going to leave Southport weak in key positions next year!

The final run in is nearly here will Southport continue to put the league leaders under pressure? Will Southport settle and take their chances in the play-offs? Will Marsh be in charge next season....