APRIL 2013

SOUTHPORT CHAMPIONS

Yes it was a day to remeber as Southport won the Blue Square Bet North league.
View attachment 311057

To get to that wonderful moment, Southport in the last 6 games of the season went P6 W3 D2 L1

View attachment 311058

Marsh thanked his board, staff, players and fans for the faith they put in him a year ago. He said he was glad he could help the Sandgrounders back into the BSP at first time of asking.
Reports are suggesting that the Southport board have now offered Marsh a one year extension, however with Marsh publicly saying that he would like to manage a higher level and that he has applied for the vacant Walsall job it may be Marsh is on his way out of Haig Ave.

One player that really stood out this season has to be Jamie Reed, Marsh showed great vision in bringing the striker to Haig Ave on loan with no cost or wages, Reed then went on to smash every record set!
View attachment 311061

Scoring 50 goals in the league Reed became a hero not just to the Southport fans but also showed and gave a new bench mark for others in the league to follow!

MAY/JUNE

Marsh signs a new one year deal at Haig Ave.
Due to Southport being promoted the board have announced that the club will go to full time. This is great news for Marsh as now he will be allowed to bring in
1 GK coach, 1 Fitness coach, 1 Youth coach and 1 First Team coach. Adding to his already 4 coaching staff he has in place.

Southport amazingly have been made 14-1 for promotion,
Wycombe have been made favorites to win the league.

Marsh has been able to get his best players to resign for another year. He has also been able to snap up Adam Boyes a 22 year old striker on a free, and he as also been able to get Jamie Reed to sign full time for the club on a free transfer!

Next up will the friendlies, Marsh will be able to see how the team is looking before the start of the season.

OTHER NEWS
All change on the manager front.. Sir Alex retires, as of yet Man Utd have not appointed anyone in replace of him. Arsenal have sacked their manager and appointed Marcelo Bielsa. AVB has left Spurs to take the job at FC Bayern.

Last edited:
FRIENDLIES

View attachment 311267

Yes pre-season comes to an end and Marsh and his boys are just seven days away from the start of the new season! They will have tough trip away in their first game but it will be a sign of how well they need to be to get anything in this league!

Marsh has told the board that he thinks he can steer the team to mid-table this season which they are happy about, they would be happy just to stay in the league this season, however Marsh feels the media are trying to put pressure on his side already when they claim they should be pushing for promotion!

Marsh has added to his side with some free transfers and let some players go..
View attachment 311268

One thing Marsh was happy about, was the fact the board as soon as promotion was confirmed went back to full-time. This was then followed by the board increasing the staffing levels at Haig Ave.
View attachment 311269

The main problem Southport face is their money flow, they are in debt not by much compared to other teams but Marsh is worried that if the fans dont show the club is going suffer further. A good cup run and promotion as soon as possible would help, maybe even a takeover just to clear the debt.
View attachment 311270

​Lets all hope Southport have a good season.......

BREAKING NEWS

News just in reports that Marsh has stepped down as Southport manager.

With no pressure on his job and after only 10 games into the season many are wondering why Marsh has stepped down.

Southport have had an unimpressive start to the season. Playing 10 games winning just one, drawing 5 and losing 4.

What will the future hold now for Marsh? ....

View attachment 312325

View attachment 312326

Marsh feels this is a step up in the right direction.
Although the club are sitting well in the league they are in more need of money than Southport were! However with a stadium that can sit 18,000 Money could be had with good league performances!

Marsh wanted to take the time to thank Southport for all they had done together and hopes them all the best in the future!

But Marsh is now looking forward to his new task ahead...

Marsh`s Career Over!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to everyone who has been following and hopefully enjoying this, however as you may tell I have been away recently, I came back eager to continue with this. However it would seem I have lost all my saved games! I tried to find them but to no avail. I will hopefully be starting a new one soon.
Hope you will follow and once again sorry....
:'(