I am losing my patience ***PLEASE HELP***

Reaction score
I am completely at my wits end with the player facepacks and really would appreciate some help. I have paid for a premium member ship and despite following every instruction I still find myself with no added player faces.

1. I tried to download the face pack 4.0. EVERY ****** TIME it tells me the "compressed zipped file is invalid" and does not copy.

2. I then, still not knowing what to do, downloaded every single facepack, 3.0-4.2. This too made no changes to my game.

3. I then today decided after reading into it to download 3.0 and then every "new faces" pack up until 4.2, copy them all into the correct place as I had previously done "etc football manager, graphic etc". I then clicked reload skin after doing the usual "untick skin cache and tick reload" and this has just deleted every F*****g face I had in the game.

This is incredibly frustrating, especially considering my payments for a premium membership were messed up in the first place, costing me £20!!! I thought ah well, it's worth it for the faces yet I STILL, 1 month later, now have ZERO player faces, rendering the game "un-playable" for me personally.

Moving away from the cliche's, I will literally PAY somebody to help me. ANYBODY PLEASE HELP. I am desperate to play and enjoy Football manager but the fuss with the player faces is seriously hindering my enjoyment of this wonderful game :(

Why not ask for help where you paid the £20 ? ( which you didnt have too btw)

When you extract all the files and stuff you should be left with a folder with 95k images and 1 config in it, do you have that ??

Why not ask for help where you paid the £20 ? ( which you didnt have too btw)

When you extract all the files and stuff you should be left with a folder with 95k images and 1 config in it, do you have that ??

The £20 was Paypal's fault so nothing to do with the good people on this website. Reported it and the guy on here got it back straight away. Just adds to the frustration.

The 4.0 will not work as above. What I have done now is download 3.0. Then I downloaded every single update to it from 3.1-4.2 new faces packs. I click "open file" then once the download is completed I "copy" them into the original 3.0 file. Going through it i'd say the images tot up to about 55,000 yet there are now none on my game.

The main thing that has ****** me off is that when reloading the skin, as instructed and have done in the past, this time all the faces bar a few have now gone. So I have been left with no faces. I have tried to reload the original skin but nothing. So for me the game in un-playable with no faces :(

sounds like you either have no config file or more than 1, check and make sure you only have 1 in the folder with all the images

Also after 3.0 and all the updates you should have a lot more images than 55k so maybe something went wrong with the 3.0 download

And you are putting the folder in my docs and not programme files right ?

Right the config folder should be where in the graphics folder? I have looked in every folder in sports interactive and there is no such folder entitled config? Yes the folders our saved in "my documents, fm manager, graphics". I have doen this before with 08/09/10 and never had these problems. Looks like the lack of a config folder is perhaps causing the problem? By the way thanks for the help thus far!

if you still have the .rar files. I'd just download 7zip and use that to extract it into your graphics/facepacks folder. I had issues at first with winzip.

Ahhhh theres your problem then :D

Download fmxml and make a new one in seconds or download one of the new faces updates as they have them