quatro

Reaction score
I really am at my wits end. I am trying to be stoke. I have downloaded 5-6 tactic but have followed advice on stickign to 2, to 3 to allow my team to blend. I literally get a tactic and get one, maybe 2 good results and then BAM! I get BATTERED every game. I honestly do not know what the **** to do. I am ready to throw the laptop through the flaming window, it is THAT annoying.

Can anyone help me with anything as I not enjoying this at all and I am literally going to end up just taking the game back. Its not enjoyable, its a flaming nightmare

PLEASE HELP ME:mad:

maybe you aren't playing it right?

give your players more time to gel to the tactic

Last edited:
have some patiance you cant win if your swapping your tactics all the time give you players time to learn the tactic if that does not work just face that its you thats a **** manager not the games fault :)

Try making your own tactics, and use your common sense. This is all the advice I can give you really, along with play to your strengths.

You could try playing as a bigger team to get used to making tactics ect. Also 2 or 3 games is no where near enough time for a team to become accustomed to a tactic. You need more like 10-15 - so perhaps you need to be more patient?

maybe you aren't playing it right?

give your players more time to gel to the tactic

Mate, they have had over 20 games. By this time, Im in 17th spot, playing Newcastle away, who are 19th. They THUMPED me 4-0. They had 5 SHOTS ON TARGET.

I am using a tatic with Leeds that made me lose my 1st 3 games :D. And using that same tatic i got promoted to the EPL in 1 season. You have to give time to the players my friend ;)

sign cattermole and albrighton and george boyd is cheap plus a couple of other decent players play a 4-5-1 tactic and ur well underway :)

Try making your own tactics, and use your common sense. This is all the advice I can give you really, along with play to your strengths.
QFT. Never been a fan of downloading tactics, I think you can't just have a ready-made tactic for your team, you have to take your time to look at the squad, identify strenghts and weaknesses and build around that.
Also, morale plays a huge role in how a team plays, perhaps try improving it with some clever media-handling and half time talks, might be all you need to save your season (if you're 20 games into the league, most you can hope for now is turning the losing streak around, staying up and trying again fresh next season)

Mate, setup a decent tactic that plays to your strengths and don't change it every game, let your team get used to playing a certain way, make minor changes and just try working on team talks that type of thing

do a formation based on your teams strengh soon as u start but players in it.
then go to match prep put it on none or team blend (if u sign players) whack it up full during pre season by start of season yr team are starting to gel and from there dont change to much to the formation

Look at your teams strengths mate, Kenwyne Jones is a beast of a man, play a 4-5-1 with him as a target man get him to hold the ball up, play very direct give more creative freedom to Etherington and Pennant, have your cm's as box-to-box/ball winning, keep their passing short and make them get it wide early to the more creative players and pump balls into the box.

I have the exact same problem and it started after 11.2,Chelsea,Bayern,Milan or Real i always get battered and outplayed.The games where i had the most possession are counted on the fingers of one hand.Nothing seems to work.I have to constantly tweak between different games .The tactic i used on 11.0 to win Serie A in my first Juve season,can't work for **** now.I don't know what changed but the game feels a lot harder than before.

I have the exact same problem and it started after 11.2,Chelsea,Bayern,Milan or Real i always get battered and outplayed.The games where i had the most possession are counted on the fingers of one hand.Nothing seems to work.I have to constantly tweak between different games .The tactic i used on 11.0 to win Serie A in my first Juve season,can't work for **** now.I don't know what changed but the game feels a lot harder than before.

Might that be the problem?

Through nearly every version of cm / fm ive played 424 long ball but finally ive found a version of the game it wont work well on, so ive changed to 451.
Now regardless of what team in whatever division i play 451 in fm2011, it seems to be very successful for me :).

try JP woody new tactic !!! it is awesome for my Ipswich!!!:D
2urouue.png