Reaction score
WGExrPr.png

article_b272dd526d30204b_1368433482_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

Manchester City sack Manuel Pellegrini
Chilean sacked after disappointing league campaign
Manchester City have dispensed with the services of Manuel Pellegrini after a poor league campaign to date.
With the January transfer window closing, Pellegrini was yet to make any signings and owner Sheikh Mansour
has decided to terminate Pellegrini's contract. The Chilean's sacking comes at a strange time with City just
48 hours away from their Capital One Cup semi final second leg against Everton. City have installed U21 manager Jason Wilcox as manager on a temporary basis. Pellegrini released a statement via the LMA shortly after his departure was confirmed by Manchester City.
I am disappointed that my time with Manchester City has come to a premature end. I was enjoying life at the club, in England, I had settled. The fans always supported me through times of trouble. Although our league form hasn't been great, we were in a strong position to progress in the UEFA Champions League and I won't get to take the team through the knockout stages. Two days ago, I wrote an open letter apologizing to the fans of this great club after losing 1-3 to Everton in the Cup Semi Final, 5-0 to Arsenal at the Emirates and losing to Chelsea a few days ago. I understand why the board would be frustrated but they assured me of my position and for their broken promise I am upset.
Guus Hiddink and Louis Van Gaal are early favourites for the job with Roberto Mancini an outsider to return to the Etihad.