Awesome! That has to be the best bargain I've ever seen ;)

Nice work bro. It beats buying someone like Balanta (larger clubs) or Kusk (medium-small clubs) each season.

On a separate note I'd love to see Neymar's name in the Blue and Black of Inter even though I don't support them. Something nostalgic about having an amazing Brazilian wearing the #9 at Inter for me and Neymar fits that bill ;-)

I mean, if you have the money, go for it, in my opinion. It's your game, you play it how you want. A lot of FMers seem to have this inflexible ideal of how transfers should be done in FM, that every signing you have to make has to be a bargain signing, or a youth player to develop.
I'd be willing to pay loads of money for someone like Gareth Bale, just because I think it would be hilarious to have Bale in an Arsenal shirt.

I mean, if you have the money, go for it, in my opinion. It's your game, you play it how you want. A lot of FMers seem to have this inflexible ideal of how transfers should be done in FM, that every signing you have to make has to be a bargain signing, or a youth player to develop.
I'd be willing to pay loads of money for someone like Gareth Bale, just because I think it would be hilarious to have Bale in an Arsenal shirt.
View attachment 372674
Someone said that fact.

Cheers, mate! c:

It's just, you are right. In my Liverpool story, I signed Manuel Fernandes. Anyone gonna complain to me about that? I only sign needed players for positions. And your welcome. :)

I was gonna say something about how you should have bought a younger regen, but his record is crazy! What position does he play for you?

What's the point is having money if you're not going to spend it.

I remember buying Messi in FM10 for 120M pounds for no other reason than I wanted him at Liverpool.
While I prefer to save as much money as I possibly can and look for bargains, it's a game and sometimes I'll ignore finances in order to enjoy having the best players. We've all done it.

You're spot on there mate! When I get hundreds of millions to spend with Monaco (moved after getting bored with Southampton) I want no problems with negotiations and couldn't care less if I could save a few million here or there - I just pay the money and get on with it!

Which according to the FMers you're referring to is obviously the wrong way to play!

In my honest opinion, you can play what ever way you want. Even though I personally LOVE to develop young players, if I see a world-class player I like who's up for sale, I'll buy him. I bought Sergio Aguero on my Arsenal save when he was up for sale, and I grabbed him for 30+ mil. I'd do it again if I was given the chance.

In my honest opinion, you can play what ever way you want. Even though I personally LOVE to develop young players, if I see a world-class player I like who's up for sale, I'll buy him. I bought Sergio Aguero on my Arsenal save when he was up for sale, and I grabbed him for 30+ mil. I'd do it again if I was given the chance.

True story, you cant win with kids

Inflation, wow. My FM transfer record is still ?90m in FM11. And that bought me the best player in the world at the time, a Brazilian with near-perfect stats for pretty much all the forward attributes (except he couldn't head the ball).

On a separate note I'd love to see Neymar's name in the Blue and Black of Inter even though I don't support them.

Inter actually did buy Neymar in my save in FM11. Nothing to do with me, I was managing Juventus. I don't know if that was common. But Coutinho and Neymar in the same side... woof.

480 for me is to steep for any player for me... but I agree with what someone said in an earlier post about transfers.. if you have one of the best all rounded teams in the world, why not fork out that amount for a player to sign one of the greatest established wingers in the game. (by established, I mean by 2018... he is a beast, greatest winger in the game, but then you have a new super regen that will become as good or better then Neymar :p)

I did it with my Man City save for a Barcelona regen called Nem, Brazilian striker, slightly better than Messi in his prime for attributes, he was great in the air too. (cost me ?200M... but I had the money and had no desire to get any other player in)