Squelchy451

Reaction score
Hi. I managing Fulham and I've managed to beat every team except for Liverpool. I often draw the likes of Arsenal, Manchester City/United, and Chelsea away and beat them by at least 2 goals at home. However, I cannot ever beat Liverpool. We both use 442 and I think the main problem is that my players aren't intercepting the goals. I set tacking to 'hard', tried both man-marking and zonal, and usually play defensive or counter.

Can someone help me?
Thank you

You can score vs. them? Frankly, after playing dozen of games with diffrent PL teams, i started to vacation when my team has to face Pepe Reina, to avoid unevitable nerd rage and bashing my head against monitor.

You should manage Liverpool and then you dont have to worry about beating them :p

They play à 442 you say? In all my FM12 saves, they start out with à deep 4231 and I have no trouble with their approach within it . How would you say they are playing and what does your approach look like? We need that info to be able to help you

My tactic does wonders against Liverpool. I've won away games at 4-1 against them and I think I'm at 100% win against them. Also, it happened with various formations, but here's the common ground:

1) Low defensive line, slow tempo and a bit narrow.
2) All AM have "trough balls" set to "often" and I have at least one very fast poacher (Doumbia in this case).
3) I always Mark Tightly and Pressure their biggest threats.