I can view a player's attributes but I cannot obtain a scouting report

GavinSE1

Reaction score
I'm currently managing Man City and I am looking for youth players to recruit from other EU countries. After looking at the statistics for a European U19 championship qualifying match involving the German U19s, I identified a couple of 16 year old players I wanted to scout. Unfortunately the "scouting" button is not displayed on the players' profiles and, when I search the player database, they don't appear in the search results, even though I can look at their attributes and see that they're potentially good players. I cannot approach them to sign them up because that button is also missing.

According to the personal information for these players, they are all looking for new clubs. I would like to acquire high quality youth players who are out of contract, but I cannot scout them or offer them contracts.

My database is set to UK, Spain, Italy, Portugal, and Holland. Is this the reason I cannot scout German U19 internationals? I have a scout who is monitoring the Euro U19 competition, and I have interacted with German youth players before, so I am not too sure what is going on.

Is there something I can do to that will allow me to scout/sign these players?

Thanks.