I can't win.

• Thread starter Thread starter dqq
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 3K

dqq

Reaction score
First time poster, I'm basically just getting ridiculously frustrated, I just don't know what to do.

Just started a save with Port Vale, playing fluid 4-3-3.

I've signed a few decent players (Leo Aro, Nathan baker etc)

I just don't know what to do, just lost my opening game against Burton 3-0.

Give me some tips

If you have only played one game then stick at it , give your tactics time.

Tactics take time for players to understand and it takes time for new players to gel too.
As A*Manager said, if it is only one game, stick at it.

Would a fluid 4-3-3 be a good idea as Port Vale?

Perhaps try something more rigid as your players won't have as good technical stats.

Would a fluid 4-3-3 be a good idea as Port Vale?

Perhaps try something more rigid as your players won't have as good technical stats.

What would you recommend?

I know it's just been one game; but I've just been struggling a lot with any team I play as, anything I try seems to completely fail, it's really starting to annoy me.

What would you recommend?

I know it's just been one game; but I've just been struggling a lot with any team I play as, anything I try seems to completely fail, it's really starting to annoy me.

Port Vale are decent for that league aren't they?

Perhaps a controlling 4-5-1 or a flat 4-4-2 would do the trick. Got any screenshots? :) (ALT + F9)

Port Vale are decent for that league aren't they?

Perhaps a controlling 4-5-1 or a flat 4-4-2 would do the trick. Got any screenshots? :) (ALT + F9)

I'll try and sort out some screenshots after my current match has finished. (I'm losing 2-0 to Rotherham, nice)

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

I won't need this thread. I quit after being beaten 4-0 by Macclesfield using a 4-4-2.

I'm in the same situation as you, I just seem to always lose. I've changed tactics and tried anything I can think of and still no luck. It makes the game boring, because I'm not getting anywhere. I know, it's obviously my fault and not a game flaw but still.

I'll try and sort out some screenshots after my current match has finished. (I'm losing 2-0 to Rotherham, nice)

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

I won't need this thread. I quit after being beaten 4-0 by Macclesfield using a 4-4-2.

If you're just going to keep quitting, then you're going to find yourself continually frustrated at this game. Take on a bigger club, download some tactics and get used to winning. Then, after that, look at some threads for help, and then come back to it when you are confident enough.

try a fluid controling 4-3-2-1

it works a treat for league 1 and 2 teams.

Fluid is not the best in lower leagues IMO, as the players dont have the ability to do it. prefer a rigid 4231, flood the midfield....

he quit guys so there is no piont in helping him any further

he quit guys so there is no piont in helping him any further

but someone else might have this problem and need a solution

fluid control works if you have fast players... if players are slower than rigid control is better.

ive used fluid control in the Norwegian lower league and it worked

Ok well I've taken a step back, and realise I was probably too hasty in quitting.

But I stand by the point that the game is extremely frustrating for beginners. I've used recommended formations, signings, tactics, but because little aspects slip past me (playing style etc) you get punished severely, losing by 3/4 goals to sides you should beat comfortably. This just makes me want to quit rather than improve - initially at least.

I'm going to pick a new team, try to learn some stuff and see how I go. But please, keep shouting advice at me until I learn.

Pick a bigger team instead of starting at a lower league. Any team that has depth, strong squad and also a good finance situation. Then after you get used to the basics and make some basic tactics, then try out lower leagues. Plus, like others have said, in lower league teams don't use fluid, but rigid - it's much better. My Southampton team kept getting wins from using rigid instead. Good luck and don't give up! :)

download some tactics and have a look at there lay outs and roles etc and take some advice i was getting destroyed in my Sheff Wed game using a 4-3-3 but now my team has turned around and are on a 10 game unbeaten run.

Guys, he quit, leave the thread. *sigh*

There are many threads like this anyway

Back