When i first started to play i was horrible , i came from fluid menus of lma manager on the playstation to the stat infested explosion of FM 2007, take some time to get used to the flow of the game , if i can recomend any tactics it would be Raikan007`s 4-4-2 or his 4-3-3 , found here
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=4537

Its not a insert tactic and obtain global domination, but with some patience and some fine tuning you can easily make it work for you, a thread for it is found here http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f103/raikan007s-perfect-4-3-3-tactic-t65421.html#post1006935

I post feedback here also and try to help any questions from people from my own experience of using Raikans tactics.

Dont be so hasty to quit, ive played fm for years and sometimes i swear i sit and say " to balls to it , frigging game im stopping playin!!", but i always go back :) .

Ok well I've taken a step back, and realise I was probably too hasty in quitting.

Guys, he quit, leave the thread. *sigh*

There are many threads like this anyway

L2Read.

He's realised his mistakes, and going back to it. If you're going to be like that, go elsewhere, because it's not needed.

L2Read.

He's realised his mistakes, and going back to it. If you're going to be like that, go elsewhere, because it's not needed.

He still quit though, he was just saying that he was wrong to quit. Sorry if I'm wrong

Ok well I've taken a step back, and realise I was probably too hasty in quitting.

But I stand by the point that the game is extremely frustrating for beginners. I've used recommended formations, signings, tactics, but because little aspects slip past me (playing style etc) you get punished severely, losing by 3/4 goals to sides you should beat comfortably. This just makes me want to quit rather than improve - initially at least.

I'm going to pick a new team, try to learn some stuff and see how I go. But please, keep shouting advice at me until I learn.

Best piece of advice I can give you is start off playing as a big club, and learn how the game mechanics work. Be consistent, develop a style of play you like, and if you do well try a save as a smaller club. I write guides on how to develop tactics, but I can only do so much. Just remember about the small things, not making imbalanced formations etc.