luckiboi

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm currently managing AC Milan and ranked 6th at the moment (Serie A), have a 10 match unbeaten record but with 5 win and 5 draw..I'm really struggling to win, even if my team win their performances can't please me..I have most of the possession but it's really hard to penetrate into the opposition's area, they're playing defensive most of the time..That's why I have a lot of draw matches ..Have been trying some best tactics such as JP Woody 4-2-3-1 and goals glutter, but still I have only a few shot on target:mad:s.. I don't have much defense issue despite I'm conceding 11 goals because most of them are from header:p.. I would greatly appreciate any tips, and sorry for my bad english

Hi guys I'm currently managing AC Milan and ranked 6th at the moment (Serie A), have a 10 match unbeaten record but with 5 win and 5 draw..I'm really struggling to win, even if my team win their performances can't please me..I have most of the possession but it's really hard to penetrate into the opposition's area, they're playing defensive most of the time..That's why I have a lot of draw matches ..Have been trying some best tactics such as JP Woody 4-2-3-1 and goals glutter, but still I have only a few shot on target:mad:s.. I don't have much defense issue despite I'm conceding 11 goals because most of them are from header:p.. I would greatly appreciate any tips, and sorry for my bad english

Sorry I couldn't help myself XD

stop changing tactics. for the first 20 games or so stick with one tactic until your side has a very strong understanding

lol'd at the quote XD

i'd say go 4-3-3 until you get the results, itl soon sort itself!

stop changing tactics. for the first 20 games or so stick with one tactic until your side has a very strong understanding
Yeah I keep changing tactics almost every game as no tactics have pleased me..So is it better to stick with 1 tactic until I got decent results??

Any body could help me to improve the chance of scoring goals??My team's shot on target is pretty bad

Yeah I keep changing tactics almost every game as no tactics have pleased me..So is it better to stick with 1 tactic until I got decent results??

Any body could help me to improve the chance of scoring goals??My team's shot on target is pretty bad
therein lies half you problem pick a tactic. i suggest either jpwoodys 4-2-3-1 or a tactic from Thebetterhalfs selection and stick to it

Tried JPwoody's formation for two matches.. 1st result is 4-2 against Fiorentina win and 2nd is 0-1 lost against Udinese:(.. I think the problem is my winger..Their cross is poor and can't find the lone striker..But if I set them to cut in and rarely cross, they'll dribble to the center box aimlessly and act like a Midfielder ,then either they lost the ball or pass them to the opposition.. All I want is the winger dribble through the flank, then cut to the penalty box diagonally such Messi or Ronaldo (in real world) and either shot or give a through ball to the striker..

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 01:44 PM ----------

Seems that nobody is willing to help a poor guy that's struggling with his team huh??

@burkie if you can't help and only want to laugh at my bad english then don't need to post something pointless..

Last edited:
As has been said above, 2 matches is not enough.

Stick to one tactic for at least 10 games before looking back, evaluating the results, and deciding whether it worked or not.

THink in real life terms, if you played football and your manager changed the formation every week, are you likely to play well?

Ok thanks for the feedback.I'm going to stick with my current tactic and post the result after some matches

Try changing your wingers settings to crossing from byline.

The teams I manage don't really work well with a lone striker. I like to play through the wings and have two strikers up front so maybe it's just the team you've got don't really suit having a lone striker. If you're playing a lone striker against teams who are setting up to defend heavily against your team then this is possibly the problem. In my opinion, if you're AC Milan then for the most part you should be going out and expecting to win games so I'd go out more attacking. As has been mentioned a few times, get more consistency in your team by using the same kind of tactics and the same back bone for your starting 11 and tweek here and there as you play to make little improvements rather than scrapping the lot and starting again. Hope this helps.

give me a screen shot of your side, and i'll see what i can come up with