I don't score enough from open play, why ?

Jwilsher

Reaction score
I''m starting in season 2 with Arsenal London. The first season i've used another tactic and my team scores a lot and so much beautiful goals. Now i manage my own tactic and the results are pretty good, BUT the goals come in mostly 50-60% from corners. Basically i'd build this tactics ( attack and defend style) for one reason to reach mostly clean sheets and it works good. How can i improve the scoring ? Right now i have no idea what can i do with? You can see the screens in direct matches i'd not conceded so many shoots on target in my own side, and respectively my boys shoots a lot, plus a lot of CCC, but with no effect, i don't know why is not effective? If someone need more screens i'll upload.
View attachment 190143View attachment 190142View attachment 190141View attachment 190140View attachment 190136View attachment 190135View attachment 190134View attachment 190133View attachment 190132View attachment 190131View attachment 190130View attachment 190138View attachment 190137

You have two players in the leagues top 5 goalscorers? what else do you want?

Also to note. Welbecks favored position is Winger not Striker. So maybe try buying yourself an all out Striker if you're playing him upfront on his own. Just a thought, someone like Higuain or Benzema?

Last edited:
This is my current Arsenal team. Scoring lots!View attachment 190043

Managed to get Gotze on a 7.5m transfer as he was transfer listed that low for some reason??! so switching between him and Ozil in that position.

Yes, you are right i lead the premier league in goalscorers, but my strikers not scores, mostly the goals comes from set pieces. I will take care for your opinion and i will search for a good striker as well. It is a good solution to change the role ? In this way the striker is laying close to the midfielders and all the time is on touch with. Sometimes is too late to reach the penalty area, becouse the winger are more faster and they finish itself. I''ve think to change the role to poacher, but i dont know...