I don't understand what is happening with transfers! HELP!

paradigmamou

Reaction score
Hi! this is pretty simple: I'm currently managing Real Madrid. My club has the highest reputation (i know that thanks to genie scout). I've been following a player (player for PSV) for a long time, but they didn't want to sell him. I managed to unsettle him and the player requested a transfer. I bid for him and my offer was accepted. I gave him the contract he wanted, i didn't change a thing. I was one of his favourite staff, which is not a simple detail. Milan (has 700/800 less points in reputation) offered for him as well (the player did not like milan's manager nor the club). Their offer was also accepted. To sum up, the player chose Milan instead of my team. Is there a logical explanation? I've been playing fm for a long time and i knew that having the highest reputation made you the first choice team for every player (except rivals). Can somebody help me? I don't know what to do. I want him to sign for me! Thanks in advanced and im sorry for my english.

Milan may have offered him a better contract than you did.

Also he might have thouht that in Milan he would play more.

First, thanks for your answers.. In both cases he was 'key player' .. Should i give a player that has a lot of teams interested in him an even better contract than he was asking for? Let me rephrase that. If he's asking for 120k wages, should i give him 150k in order to make him choose my team rather than other? I thought players asked for the same amount for every club and other clubs didn't negociate their contracts. Ths is something i have never seen!

First, thanks for your answers.. In both cases he was 'key player' .. Should i give a player that has a lot of teams interested in him an even better contract than he was asking for? Let me rephrase that. If he's asking for 120k wages, should i give him 150k in order to make him choose my team rather than other? I thought players asked for the same amount for every club and other clubs didn't negociate their contracts. Ths is something i have never seen!

what did he ask for initially when you offered him his contract?

see what he is on at AC Milan and you will have your answer mate :)

Thanks raikan! He wanted 180k. I gave him that exact amount, i didn't change anything. In milan he's under a 175k p/week contract. Unbelievable! I still don't understand!

Thanks raikan! He wanted 180k. I gave him that exact amount, i didn't change anything. In milan he's under a 175k p/week contract. Unbelievable! I still don't understand!

It happens mate, maybe they gave him a better bonus for goals/appearances/agent/signing on..

could be the fact you may have had more players in the same position as him whereas Ac Milan were short.. I doubt that the programming could pick that up however.. but it happens unfortunately..

It sucks but well, it makes it more realistic. Thank's for everything!