I feel as though our relationship has broken down...

want3d

Reaction score
Currently what Adnan Januzaj keeps telling me.

I managed to sign him on loan in my Wolves save when i made it to the championship. Early on in the season he was truly amazing and won me plenty of matches.

We were running away with the league with a 13 point gap on second placed Reading and started going through a bit of a bad patch. We lost the capital one cup semi final to Nottingham Forrest and a fewer other league games but managed to restore our league lead when i switched tactics.

His form was terrible, something like a 6.2 average over the last 5 games. I tried leaving him out of the squad for a few games to see if it helped but he was still going through a rough patch.

I'd had success with other players like Bakary Sako and Ross Turnbull dropping them to the reserves if their form went bad. Usually when they want to chat straight after it i'd selected "You're going to spend some time in the under 21's as your form hasn't been good enough" which worked on both occasions and even resulted in both players listing my in their favoured personnel.

Tried the same with Januzaj and he was having none of it. His morale has been Abysmal ever since and has been like that for about 8 months. Despite all this, he still went on to win the championship young player of the year award I managed to extend the loan for another year going into the premiership.

Problem now is, i'm nearing the end of the transfer window in August and he's still the same and is still alienated and doesn't want to talk.

Is there anything i can do to try and win him over again?

I've tried playing him and praising him etc but i've got a feeling it's not going to work. Also tried asking the captain and vice captain to have a word on 2 occasions but it hasn't worked either. I was thinking about leaving him in the under 21s until he actually comes to me for a chat again but i'm not sure i want to risk it. He's a too valuable player to my team to leave him there.

has anyone had any similar experiences with players and managed to 'kiss and make up' with their star man or are my chances of signing this lad on a permanent deal completely doomed?

any help is much appreciated.

8 months?! That's not common.. Usually when the relationship between me and a player breaks down, I just keep on using him as normal and about 3-4 months later everything's gone back to normal. I guess you've also been doing the same thing?

Oh btw, about players dipping in form, it's less risky and (from my experience) just as effective to just criticize the player in a conversation.

it happened roughly around january and it's now nearing august. i'd tried criticising his form, showing faith in him to score which did wonders for his morale at the time. after leaving him out of the side for a few games and bringing him back in for a few his form was still awful so i that's when i decided to drop him to the u21s to see if i could use it as a catalyst for him rediscovering his top form. thats when he spat his dummy out and started feeling alienated. his form picked up again about a month or so later but his morale was still abysmal.

Try play him as much as possible (if he underperforms just use him for like 50-60 minutes max) and praise him even if he doesn't perform well!

This helped me with same situations..