Darth South

Reaction score
What should I do? I haven't used this new set-piece stuff yet, however, I would be glad if you can help on this.

Found it to be true as well.

I changed mine defending corners/freekick to man mark instead of back and leave 1 man up front and 1 at the edge of penalty box. That way the box is not too crowded that your defenders can't mark their own man but at the same time is effective for counter attacks.

What should I do? I haven't used this new set-piece stuff yet, however, I would be glad if you can help on this.
well i would give it a try even if tweaking. Just do the normal make your tallest and best headers mark the tallest players in the other team the rest just man mark. keep full backs on boh posts. Also keep your pacy attacked forward. I would recomend using the match preperation and changing it to heavy and selecting defending set pieces. see how you get on with that. You wont be guranteed to not conceed a set peiece every season but may reduce that number a bit.,

Well my automatic set piece instructions are the same(nearly) with yours. Any other suggesitons.

I agree with brido1967 FM 4ever that you should try match preparation and select Defend Set-pieces...

Well my automatic set piece instructions are the same(nearly) with yours. Any other suggesitons.
well if you are still conceeding then try and tweak them ever so slightly, maybe change to players to back, i would though if you are watching the games have a look at where you are conceeding the most goals i.e penalty area, far, near psot ect and place your beast defender to man mark. just a suggestion.