I love you Boca Juniors - A story of passion and glory - Back to the top!

Rodrigo4073

Reaction score
y1rc.jpg

"Boca, i carry you on my soul"

I LOVE YOU BOCA JUNIORS
A STORY OF PASSION AND GLORY
BACK TO THE TOP!

• This story will be my first one, and my attempt to bring back the glory to Boca Juniors, the team I love, adopting the role of the legendary Boca Juniors coach, Carlos Bianchi. I will only sign players who have played in Boca or recognised fans of the club, and use only the players that my youth academy provides. I will post results twice a year, and will post regularly off-the-game content, like info about the players, the fans, so you can relate to the story a little bit more. And as i said, my main goal is to make Boca Juniors a big team in the world, competing again face to face with the world giants like Real Madrid, AC Milan and Bayern Munich, for example.
24i5.png

A LITTLE INFO ABOUT THE CLUB

• Boca Juniors is the most successful football team in Argentina, and one of the most successful in the world, having won more than 50 official titles to date. Internationally, the team has won 18 titles, a record shared with AC Milan.

The club was founded on 3 April 1905 by five Italian immigrants. Boca has always had a fierce rivalry with River Plate, also from Buenos Aires. Matches between the two clubs are known as the Superclasico and are one of the most heated rivalries in Argentina and the world as both clubs are the two most popular in the country. Boca's home stadium is Estadio Alberto J. Armando, which is colloquially known as La Bombonera.

The youth academy has produced many Argentine internationals such as Nicolas Burdisso, Carlos Tevez, Ever Banega, and Fernando Gago, who have played or are playing for top European clubs. The club has also had a lot of very important players such as Diego Maradona, Juan Roman Riquelme (still in activity), Claudio Canniggia or Gabriel Batistuta, amongst a lot more.

Boca Juniors is traditionally regarded as the club of Argentina's working class, in contrast with the supposedly more upper-class base of cross-town arch rival River Plate.

Boca Juniors claims to be the club of "half plus one" (la mitad m?s uno) of Argentina's population.

a6c8.jpg

THE GOLDEN ERA: CARLOS BIANCHI

• Former Velez Sarsfield coach Carlos Bianchi arrived at the club in 1998 and under his command, the squad would achieve multiple local and international titles, breaking the record obtained with Juan Carlos Lorenzo in the 1970s. With Carlos Bianchi as coach, Boca won 9 titles.

The first title obtained was the 1998 Apertura, which Boca won being undefeated for the first time. Mart?n Palermo was the top scorer with 20 goals in 19 matches played. Boca later won a new championship in the 1999 Clausura becoming successive champions. The team remained undefeated in 40 matches, breaking the record of 39 matches achieved by Racing Club in the 1960s. This mark is still a record in the professional era of Argentine football.

The year 2000 was the most successful for Boca Juniors. The team won the Copa Libertadores, and as the new South America champion, Boca went to Tokyo to play the Intercontinental Cup final against Real Madrid, defeating the Merengue team 2?1 (goals by Palermo). The same year Boca won another local title, the Torneo Apertura, totaling 3 titles in 2000.

In 2001 Boca were Copa Libertadores champion again, defeating Cruz Azul in a penalty-shootout.

Bianchi left the club in 2002 due to a conflict with the chairman Mauricio Macri. Nevertheless, Bianchi would return the following year to take care the team again. In 2003, Boca obtained a new title winning the Copa Libertadores for the 3rd time in 4 years. Boca Juniors completed another successful year winning the Intercontinental Cup against AC Milan.

Boca reached another Copa Libertadores final in 2004, but lost to Once Caldas. Once the Cup was over, Bianchi resigned, finishing one of the most successful periods in the club history.

[video=youtube;0umJotwc3AQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0umJotwc3AQ[/video]

Last edited:
I won't say I hate, but I do dislike Boca... however, it's not often one sees stories based on South American, let alone Argentinian, clubs/leagues. Best of lucks!

I won't say I hate, but I do dislike Boca... however, it's not often one sees stories based on South American, let alone Argentinian, clubs/leagues. Best of lucks!

Haha and why is that? Yes, it's an only argentinian based story and a youth challenge too, maybe i will be managing the national team later (if Bianchi is still alive), let's hope you can like it besides your bad (don't take it personal) taste. :D Thanks!

Haha and why is that? Yes, it's an only argentinian based story and a youth challenge too, maybe i will be managing the national team later (if Bianchi is still alive), let's hope you can like it besides your bad (don't take it personal) taste. :D Thanks!

Nothing against the club, just that a lot of people jumped on the Boca bandwagon in the Bianchi era and become real ***** when it comes to football. Plus half of my family are Boca fans and it makes for a nice friendly rivalry as well. I do despise River just as much, though :p

dhb6.jpg

"My passion is infinite."

THE TACTICS

• Although it's not the same, it still respects the Bianchi 4-4-2 with good pressure, and a solid defense. If you want to know more about the tactic, check my thread here, this is a new version though that is not downloadable in that thread but it's working much better.
6wn2.jpg

THE GOALKEEPERS

• Agustin Orion (current national team player) will be the first choice, he is a good keeper with a good mentality and professionalism. Emanuel Tripodi is also a good backup and will be playing the less important matches.
ft67.jpg

THE DEFENDERS

• Daniel Diaz and Matias Caruzzo will be my first choices in the central position, but Guillermo Burdisso will try to earn his spot there. Arian Pucheta is a youngster with good potential that will be learning a lot from these players this year, and will be trying to get his appearances. In the right wing, Leandro Marin, besides he is not a quality player yet, will be the first choice, trying to reach his potential and become a good fullback, with Jonathan Castillo (another youngster) giving him competivity. In the left, Emanuel Insua is going to start, and behind him is Nahuel Zarate, another young player. Sanchez Mi?o will be playing in the midfield.
gnul.jpg

THE MIDFIELDERS

• Cristian Erbes will be my defensive man, with the young Federico Bravo trying to win his spot in the first team. Fernando Gago will be playing alongside Sanchez Mi?o in the center of the pitch, trying to become a real menace for the rival and also a big support to his teammates, Pablo Ledesma and Gonzalo Escalante are going to provide a good depth to the midfield, and also will try to earn his place in the first team. Behind these players is Ribair Rodriguez, who can play in defense and in midfield, he is not needed but will be used as cover in case of injuries. Juan Roman Riquelme, the star player and playmaker of the team, with Leandro Paredes willing to become the next one.
rb26.jpg

THE STRIKERS

o3a7.jpg

Note: click the players names to see their attributes.

I will not buy any player in this stage of the season, maybe later if we need it. I prefer to trust my current squad and the youngsters if needed. We are a selling team, not a buying one. We also won all the matches of the pre-season and are ready to start!

gjsa.jpg

Last edited:
It was a good season :D

Now, the Copa Lib is on the cards, yes??

Thanks! And yes, Libertadores is our target next semester, and it's great to have another competition to provide my substitutes a lot of match time.

And as i said, i like to post about the club, player and fans besides the game, so here is a tribute to Riquelme in the next post. Cheers!

5pnw.jpg

THE LEGEND OF RIQUELME

[video=youtube;gyXTNdpk4j8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyXTNdpk4j8[/video]

The video has a restriction and cannot be embeded in this site, so watch it directly on Youtube by clicking HERE. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.

Last edited:
fakc.jpg

"Happy year Xeneizes!"

MIDSEASON TRANSFERS NEWS

• IN: we recovered Damian Escudero from a loan, he was playing in Brazil and doing good, so he will be a good add to the squad.
  • OUT: Nicolas Colazo wasn't happy with his future when he arrived from a loan from All Boys, so we let him go to Atletico Paranaense. Also Cangele won't be needed so we let him negotiate with Twente and he will be joining them on July.

AWAY SUPERCLASICO REACTIONS

• Due to a ban to away fans in the stadiums that happened this year in Argentinian football, the players had to do the job of chanting against their rivals after their win. Historical moment in the argentine Superclasico (watch the video below from 0.14 seconds aprox.).
8f71.jpg

[video=youtube_share;pqSQGg2F1wk]http://youtu.be/pqSQGg2F1wk[/video]

Last edited:
Por fin una historia en el futbol Argentino! Gallina del alma pero igual lo voy a seguir!

Love your presentation!

Will follow this, there's not enough stories done in South America :)

Por fin una historia en el futbol Argentino! Gallina del alma pero igual lo voy a seguir!

As? que tenemos un bostero, una gallina, y uno de... Olimpo :p
Jaja gracias muchachos, esta bueno esto de que podamos disfrutar sin las rivalidades, aguante el f?tbol.

PD: fui una vez a ver a Olimpo a Bahia hace como 3 a?os! Les traje suerte ese dia.

Love your presentation!

Will follow this, there's not enough stories done in South America :)
Thanks mate, i'm finishing the season right now and will update with the results later. Hope you keep liking it! Cheers!