I need a new laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

warriors_mad

Reaction score
The only game I will play on it is going to be football manager 2010 and 11 12 and so on when they come out. I no nothing really about laptops, but I want a laptop and not a desktop pc. would this http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/p...oid=uk~en~20211~laptop-inspiron-1750_n0075004~~ be able to play football manager 2010 with lots of leagues massive database and run quick and smoothly I just dont have a clue what im looking for in laptops.

Thanks Craig

(If it is in the wrong descusion I will move it:wub:)

Looks alright to me, just dont be loading every single league :/ :D

Looks okay, although there's a computer in PC world for £379 that has the same specs but has 4gb RAM instead of 3. You should check it out, sorry no link.

Thank you guys.

If anyone wants to put a link on for me to check out ill be happy (In £££££ only please)I have about a month to decide what to get, so no real rush at the moment.

Ta, Craig

I think Desktop PCs are way better than Laptops.
I got a Laptop, works fine, but a worst characteristic PC is better.
For example, one of my mate got the Processor with 2600+ and somewhere near 2GB RAM, while I got an Intel Celeron Processor and same RAM, but can't run the games his PC does.

Im sure there is a thread about this kinda thing, please search before creating a thread xD

How would this Toshiba L500 Laptop go for running FM2010?

Intel Core2Duo T5870 2.0GHz
Genuine Windows 7 Professional
15.6" 1366 x 768 resolution
4GB DDR2 RAM
250GB SATA
DVD SuperMulti Dual/Double Layer Drive
10/100Mbps LAN
Wireless Lan (802.11b/g/n)
4GB DDR2 RAM
250GB SATA
10/100Mbps LAN

How would this Toshiba L500 Laptop go for running FM2010?

4GB DDR2 RAM
250GB SATA
10/100Mbps LAN
4GB DDR2 RAM
250GB SATA
10/100Mbps LAN
looks decent. mine is about half of this, with integrated graphics. should work well :D

looks capable of running a large DB with quite a few leagues. although i bet you could find it cheaper than the price john lewis are selling it at

ah true but i do get 12% off as i work there its £550 but can get it for under £499 with 2 years free warranty

Thank you my friend - much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. If you're only going to play FM, don't bother buying the laptop. A few of mates have, and it's just stupid. If you're using it for other stuff too then obviously it's a must buy.

Yes. If you're only going to play FM, don't bother buying the laptop. A few of mates have, and it's just stupid. If you're using it for other stuff too then obviously it's a must buy.
i wanted to get a laptop anyway but i want one that can play FM on it when i want to play it, but im getting rid of my desktop so i will be using it for everything lol

Could i get some advice on this one please.

HP G62-a20SA Laptop PC

• Featuring Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium for a superior digital entertainment experience
  • An AMD Athlon II P320 processor for incredible performance
  • 4GB memory for top system performance
  • 320 GB Hard Drive for storing all your digital files
  • A 15.6" High Definition BrightView LED display
  • The latest ATI Mobility Radeon HD4250 graphics technology
I know nothing about laptops but want a decent one as the my last one played FM2010 so slowly.

HP G62-a20SA Laptop PC

• Featuring Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium for a superior digital entertainment experience
I know nothing about laptops but want a decent one as the my last one played FM2010 so slowly.

could you give link to it? Also does it say what speed the processor runs at as this will be the most important thing for FM running quickly. 4GB of RAM is more than enough for FM and although that graphics card isn't the best, it is good enough to play FM.

HP G62-a20SA Laptop PC

looks good and it will probably be fine unless the processor is ****, make sure its about 2ghz mine is 3ghz after upgrading it as last one broke

Processor AMD Athlon™ II Dual-Core Processor P320
2.1 GHz, Level 2 cache 1 MB
AMD RS880M

I assume this will be ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.