4ntonio

Reaction score
Hello guys, I just started playing FM 14 and I have a few problems.
So, I'm with Liverpool in the first season and the things aren't working according to the plan.

This is my squad :

View attachment 432342

I transfered a few young players with potential, players like Koke and Montoya and a few already proved like Yacob and Javier Pastore.
The thing is that at first I used a Barcelona-esque tactic, you know, trying to keep the possession, short passes... and as you can see in the SS beneath I haven't been doing bad but then I realised that the Premier League is not the place for Tiki-Taka and I wanted a tactic tight at back, solid, with counters and a fast tempo but this is just not working.

These are my results : since the Newcastle I started used the direct 4-2-3-1

View attachment 432338

As you can see I had a pretty good start.

These are my two tactics now, home and away.

home:
View attachment 432336

away:
View attachment 432335

I can't understand what I'm doing wrong, my team just doesn't score enough goals and I think I have good players, at least Suarez's atributes are AMAZING ! But he's not scoring, I tried everything, CF, T, AF and ... just a few goals from him. My team concedes too many goals and I'm verry frustrated. What should I do ? Please help me I want to finish in the first 4 so bad.

These are a few stas :

View attachment 432332 View attachment 432330 .

And this is the current table :

View attachment 432327

Last edited:
Change your mentality to standard.
Fluidity to very rigid.

Full backs to (automatic)

Wingers to (support)

AP to (attack)

suarez to AF

Ball winning midfielders are known to not be any good aswell.
Just try DLP ( D ) instead

Before i got my tactic how it is. I started off with a tactic pretty much exactly the same.

You are playing narrowly with 0 players arriving in the box. Your 2 wingers are basically useless since they don't cut inside and you are not playing wide. Change to wider or make them inside forward or something, then make your left midfielder into a box to box or advanced playmaker (a).

If you dont want to try my tactics, at least have a look at how i utilise it. Might help you :)

Play narrower + Two wingers is pretty useless. Change them to Inside Forwards or get rid of the Play narrower shout.

Try Suarez as a AF with support, he'll get isolated otherwise.

Ok so after I've created a new tactic which looks like this :
-----------AF-----------
---IF-----AP------IF---
-------DLP--.BWM---
--FB---CB---CB---FB---
--------------G-------------

The front 4 is all on Attack duty, the DLP is on defend and the BWM on support. The fullbacks are on attack and the CBs on defend.
Now I use just the following shouts : more dirrect, work ball in the box, hassle opponents and higher tempo.
In this shape I won five games in a row and then I lost 3-2 to Villa away in league cup and 1-4 to Manure at home in the FA. Now I think I finally created a good tactic but my defence is still suspect. I'll post again after I play a few matches and take some SS 'cause I'm on my phone. Sorry for my bad english, I'm east european.