I need my midfielders to get more goals

aslaram

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all,

I play a standard 442 formation and am not getting as many goals from midfield as I think I should. I've just completed my 1st ever FM 2009 season winning league and league cup with Man City. My forwards have done pretty well, but I want more goals to be scored from the midfield.

Can any one give me advice on how to get my midfield scoring more. Both wingers and central midfielders.

Please don't say things like Kaka got me 45 in a season and not tell me how you set him up, that's no use to me.

If you want more information then just ask me.

Last edited:
Why don't just let your forwards score the goals?

I'd say that would be ideal.

My strikers do get goals, but I haven't got a consistent striker. Robinho got 30 in all competitions, Sturridge was brilliant, but every now and then the young age shows and he'll go on a run of poor games.

I want to get my midfielders scoring because I believe they're capable. It would take pressure off strikers. I mean Veloso, Moutinho and Neeves should be blasting them in from 30 yards.

I'd also like to know because I'm convinced I can improve it, and your help is valuable.

Allow them to take long shots often and tell them to try long shots whenever they can or blast balls into the back of the net, whatever the player interaction is :p

Can anyone post on here their specific player instructions.

E.g. If you have a free scoring winger (mr/l) or midfielder (cm)

Put attacking +10 Creativity +10 Passing, etc, etc.....

It amy or may not work with my formation. It could unsettle it, but its worth a go.

well gerrard for mr get 30+ goals a season from cm and my 2 wingers get 15+

Identify your greatest CM then click on his personal instructions and make Creative Freedom 20 and make him similar to Lampard and you could face a decent amount of goals.

dc999 that's great, but that doesn't help me. How have you got them set up?

At the moment I have my most attacking CM as follows

Mentality +6 Creative freedom +10 and forward runs often, run with ball often, long shots mix, through balls often, crossing mixed.

If you could do something like that that would be more helpful than saying 'Gerrard got me 30 and wingers get 15+.' I know they are capable, that's why I'm asking how to set them up.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

UKMACKIE how many did Lampsy get you? Have you had any joy with other central midfielders?

Last edited:
Try to put one of those creative guys who can shoot as yur shawdow foward, as they score a ton if they become the connector for the lone foward up front.