jeffaafaa

Reaction score
hi,

on my game i have made it from the Vanarama South and im currently just about to start in the championship, however i have just had an offer of
View attachment 191944
for this player
View attachment 191943
and i know its an amazing offer for a mediocre player but he is seen as a icon at my club and these are hes stats from the previous seasons
View attachment 191942
i seriously have no idea what to do as i dont want to sell my top goal scorer but with my club in finantial deficulty we could really use the money to help buy better players for the cuming season

some advice please guys?

I'd say reject it tbh. If he has another good season for you in the Championship you'll be able to get more than double that

For the money they have offered I would reject it. Chances are if hes scored that many goals in league 1 he will score goals in the Championship. If he doesn't then you sell him in January.

I would have to know how old the player is to be sure but I would say this:

1) If they offered 5.25m it means they want the player and are prepared to go higher. Ask them for 6.25m with the intention of settling around 5.75m.
2) You say you are in financial difficulties - how much of the money you will get to buy others? This is important.
3) Having been promoted to the Championship your target is to stay there and if possible to do well. Its NOT to keep Icons/top scorers etc.
4) You are answering the question yourself by saying you can use the money to buy better players.

So in view of 3 and 4 above there is NO DILEMMA. Sell him.

Tanks for the advice guys, I rejected the first offer but I'm sure there will be another, I do have a good younger back up and Lind is 30 so yeah selling my s a good idea I guess!

just an update, he was sold for 6.75 millions as that was his minimum release clause

but i only saw 35% opf it, what a joke!!!

just an update, he was sold for 6.75 millions as that was his minimum release clause

but i only saw 35% opf it, what a joke!!!

That sucks, it was a very decent fee for a player of his age with only lower league experience

If you get to the prem, bring him back for the sentimental value, he's been with you since the start for 5 seasons, scoring bundles of goals. I would have kept him for the championship and maybe the premier league but maybe I just get too attached