Passiton

Reaction score
I won the Serbian league with Borca, thus qualifying for the 2011-12 Champions League. I almost always field a 4-1-2-1-2. My SK is set on Attack so he can help us moving the ball around. My two Ball Playing Defenders are the ones who make us win possession, while the Full Backs (set on Defense) have the task of playing the ball forward (one of them tried 95 passes in a single match). The Defensive Midfielder supports in defensive tasks (ta ta tata, captain Obvious). The Defensive Wingers help in every aspect of the game, while the Attacking Midfielder makes the through passes. Finally, a Poacher/Complete Striker and a Target Man/Defensive Forward act up front. We had won every single official match this season (9 to be exact, 6 of which were CL qualifiers), although we deserved less in some of them. A draw to Spartak Zlatibor Voda (expected to finish 6th) and a loss to Inter Milan in the Group stage got me thinking. We have had by far more possession than our opponents (58% agains SZV and 64% against Inter, who were only able to clinch the victory on the 93rd minute). But we have poor shot records (4 for us and 14 for SZV, 4 shots for us and 18 for Inter). We have a great scorer, but the other strikers, despite being really good at supporting, hardly ever score. I'm not worried about the results (getting to the Group stage and losing to Inter 2-1 in stoppage time is just great, just as collecting a 3-1-0 in league in the process). What worries me is that I feel the competition is starting to get used to my tactic. As this could lead to a very negative streak, I thought it would be good to ask. What would you do to improve this? Thanks in advance for reading aaaaaall of this!!

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong place! Please move it to "What tactic should I use?"